A Sith cultist, also referred to as a Sith loyalist, was an individual who was loyal to and worshiped the Sith.
New Republic eraEdit
By the time of the New Republic, Sith cults such as the Acolytes of the Beyond venerated the last two Dark Lords of the Sith, Darth Sidious and Darth Vader. Members were not Force-sensitive, yet claimed to have received dreams from deceased Sith and even to have communed with their shades. They were led by individuals, such as Yupe Tashu, who were members of the Emperor's inner circle during his reign, and both hunted down Sith artifacts and opposed the rule of the New Republic, sometimes to the point of violence. At least one member of the Acolytes, Ochi of Bestoon, made contact with the resurgent Sith in the Unknown Regions and became a servant of Darth Sidious, acting as his Sith assassin.
After the redemption of Darth Vader at the Battle of Endor, and Anakin Skywalker's subsequent death, cults to Vader arose on his throneworld of Mustafar. One of these cults, the Alazmec of Winsit, took up residence in the shadow of the ruins of Vader's fortress and even came into possession of his Sith wayfinder. Much of the cult was cut down at the behest of Kylo Ren, who was in search of Exegol in order to kill the resurgent Darth Sidious.
At some unknown point, the Sith Eternal cult arose and took up residence in the Sith Citadel on Exegol. They assisted the resurrected Darth Sidious in creating Snoke—who would go on to become the Supreme Leader of the First Order—with various dark side rituals. They also played a part in the creation of the Sith Eternal fleet and the Final Order, which was meant to revive the Sith Empire and restore Sith rule to the galaxy. However, Sidious and the cult were defeated in 35 ABY when the Jedi Rey Skywalker, the granddaughter of Sidious, destroyed the Citadel.
- Aftermath (First appearance)
- Aftermath audiobook
- Aftermath: Life Debt
- Aftermath: Life Debt audiobook
- Aftermath: Empire's End
- Aftermath: Empire's End audiobook
- Star Wars: Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker (First pictured)
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: Expanded Edition
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: A Junior Novel
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Galactic Guide (First identified as Sith cultist, simultaneous with Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary)
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary (First identified as Sith cultist, simultaneous with Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Galactic Guide)