- "A place of worship for some. To others, an engine of destruction."
- ―Maul, referring to the Malachor Sith Temple
Sith temples were pyramidal structures built by the Sith Order on many worlds across the galaxy. Dating back as far as the days of the Old Republic, numerous Sith temples were erected, including the one located on the Sith homeworld of Moraband, the one on the ravaged planet of Malachor, and the one on the volcanic world of Mustafar. At some point before 10 BBY, the crime lord Dryden Vos plundered a Sith temple and obtained a slab of obsidian stone carved with hieroglyphs representing warding spells.
- Darth Maul, Part II (Appears in flashback(s))
- Age of Republic - Darth Maul 1
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Sacrifice" (First appearance)
- Tarkin audiobook
- Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith 25: Fortress Vader, Part VII (Vision to Darth Vader)
- Star Wars Rebels – "Twilight of the Apprentice"
- Maul: A Star Wars Rebels Cinestory Comic
- Star Wars Rebels – "DUME" (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Rebels – "A World Between Worlds"
- Galaxy's Edge 4 (Appears in flashback(s))
- "Gaze of Stone"—Myths & Fables (Appears in flashback(s))
- (First identified as Sith temple)
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Star Wars Super Graphic: A Visual Guide to a Galaxy Far, Far Away
- Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles (Picture only)
- Solo: A Star Wars Story The Official Guide
- Star Wars: The Dark Side