Sith troopers were a stormtrooper variant that served the First Order during its war against the Resistance in their ultimate push towards galactic conquest. Named after the Sith, an ancient order of Force-users devoted to the dark side of the Force, these troopers drew power and inspiration from such order's dark legacy and were the next evolution of Imperial/First Order stormtroopers. They wore red-colored stormtrooper armor and wielded a type of black and red blaster rifle. The 105th Battalion was a unit composed of Sith troopers as well as Sith jet troopers.
Behind the scenesEdit
- "It has some really unique aesthetics to it. And it has some subtle ties to previous stormtrooper designs, which I think fans will enjoy discovering."
- ―Lucasfilm archivist Madlyn Burkert, on the Sith trooper design
Sith troopers were created and developed for the upcoming 2019 film Star Wars: Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker. They were designed by concept artist Glyn Dillon, and were sculpted by Sam Williams. The Sith trooper costume was designed by costume designer Michael Kaplan. The troopers were first revealed by Lucasfilm through an article on StarWars.com and an episode of The Star Wars Show, both released on July 10, 2019.
- Star Wars Battlefront II (DLC)
- Resistance Heroes (First appearance, simultaneous with First Order Villains)
- First Order Villains (First appearance, simultaneous with Resistance Heroes)
- Star Wars: Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 PHOTOS: New Sith Trooper Merchandise Marches Into Disneyland Resort. Retrieved on September 4, 2019.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Star Wars: The Black Series
- ↑ 5.0 5.1
- ↑ Glyn Dillon's Instagram post. Glyn Dillon (July 10, 2019, 10:07 pm UTC). Retrieved on July 12, 2019, 3:00 am UTC. "The new Sith trooper I designed has been revealed (in toy form for this year's SDCC). Working with @aristotles.lantern on this was a pleasure as always." (archive copy created on July 10, 2019)
- ↑ Sam Williams's Instagram post. Sam Williams (July 11, 2019, 6:22 am UTC). Retrieved on July 12, 2019, 3:00 am UTC. "My first job on IX was sculpting these up for @glyn__dillon and Micheal Kaplan, Glyn came up with a fantastic design and it was really exciting establishing these."