- "I promised Commander Graul he could execute you personally—and I left him a few gifts to help."
- ―Sadic, to the Jedi Knight
In 3643 BBY, during the Sith Lord Darth Angral's personal war against the Galactic Republic amid the Cold War between the Republic and the reconstituted Sith Empire, a skirmish occurred in the Power Guard Cybernetics Lab on the moon Nar Shaddaa. The Sith Lord Sadic, who had seized control of the supersoldier-producing Power Guard Project, learned that a young Jedi Knight was searching for the project, so he relocated the program to another location—but left a small group of Imperial soldiers under Commander Graul to guard the facility, along with several Mark I Power Guards. The soldiers and Power Guards were ultimately no match for the Jedi Knight, who recovered Graul's datapad after the fight and used it to track down the project.
Prelude[edit | edit source]
- "When my men failed to report from the Nikto Sector, I knew it had to be your doing."
- ―Sadic, to the Knight
In 3643 BBY, during the Cold War between the Galactic Republic and the Sith Empire, the Sith Lord Darth Angral declared a personal war against the Republic after the death of his son, Tarnis. Using stolen information on the Republic superweapon initiative, Angral dispatched his apprentices to seize control of several Republic superweapon programs. Angral's apprentice, Lord Sadic, was sent to the moon Nar Shaddaa, where the Republic had been developing the Power Guard Enhancement System—a program of cybernetic enhancements and adrenal stimulants that produced supersoldiers. After capturing the Power Guard recruitment center, Sadic learned of the main Power Guard Cybernetics Lab's location in Nar Shaddaa's Red Light Sector, and his forces quickly took control of the facility.
However, when Sadic learned of a young Jedi Knight's arrival at the recruitment center and that the Knight was searching for the cybernetics lab, the Sith ordered his forces to take the project data and equipment to his lab in the prison district of Shadow Town. Sadic left Commander Graul and several Mark I Power Guards to guard the facility, as Graul wanted revenge on the Jedi for the deaths of the Imperials who had been guarding the recruitment center. With the help of the Republic Strategic Information Service, the Republic's intelligence agency, the Jedi Knight and a companion tracked down the lab by damaging power conduits throughout the Red Light Sector in order to determine which building had a separate power source.
The skirmish[edit | edit source]
- "Mark One Power Guards. Not as destructive as the later models I possess, but quick to assemble and quite malleable. It took nothing to wipe their useless minds and program them to serve me."
Entering the lab, the Knight and a companion dispatched the guards and the two scientists within the facility. When the duo reached Graul in the main chamber, they were greeted by a hologram of Sadic, who applauded the Knight's efforts. Anxious to avenge his men's deaths, Graul activated the three Mark I Power Guards that were still in the lab, and Sadic ended the communication as battle was joined. Though the Power Guards were equipped with advanced armor and weapons, Graul and the Power Guards were unable to defeat the Knight and the Jedi's companion, who killed the officer and dispatched the droid-like supersoldiers.
Aftermath[edit | edit source]
- "We're too late, Rieekan. Darth Angral's apprentice raided the lab. There's nothing left here. I found an encrypted datapad on an Imperial officer. Looks important."
- ―The Knight
After the fighting ended, the Knight searched Graul's body and discovered an encrypted datapad, though the rest of the facility yielded no clues as to Sadic's location. The Knight reported the find to SIS Chief Rieekan, who told the Jedi to bring it back to the SIS safe house at the Promenade shopping complex. However, Sadic was aware of the safe house's existence and dispatched Mark II Power Guards to eliminate the SIS agents there; the Knight only arrived in time to save some of the agents.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (First appearance)
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Old Republic—Jedi Knight Mission: "The Search for Agent Galen" on Nar Shaddaa
- Star Wars: The Old Republic—Jedi Knight Mission: "Striking Back" on Nar Shaddaa
- Star Wars: The Old Republic—Jedi Knight Mission: "Red Light, Black Heart" on Nar Shaddaa
- Star Wars: The Old Republic about ten to twelve years after the signing of the Treaty of Coruscant, which is dated to 3653 BBY by Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia. The Old Republic—The Lost Suns 2 takes place ten years after the treaty, one week after the mission to Nar Shaddaa, and around the time of the SpecForce Incident. Since the mission and the incident are respectively part of Act I of the Jedi Knight and Republic Trooper's storylines, and the Trooper's Act I occurs concurrent to Act I of the Smuggler storyline, the general events of Act I for all classes can be assumed to occur in 3643 BBY. The Prologue for each class immediately precedes Act I, and Act III for all classes begins with the start of the Galactic War, which Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia places around 3640 BBY. Assuming that in-universe chronology of the Star Wars: The Old Republic events roughly aligns with the release of story content in real-life as with , the Act III Epilogue must take place near the end of 3640 BBY since it was the chronologically latest story of the The Old Republic base game, which was released toward the end of 2011. Therefore, assuming that The Old Republic takes place over the course of three years per the former of the two aforementioned swtor.com posts, Act I takes place near the end of 3643 BBY. places
- "Red Light, Black Heart" can be completed with either T7-O1 or Kira Carsen as the player's active companion.