Prelude[edit | edit source]
- "… You may depart for Mygeeto, knowing Coburn Sear has the situation in hand."
- ―CIS Colonel Coburn Sear to General Grievous
Jedi General Depa Billaba and her battalion were sent to Kardoa to recon the planet to confirm or deny a Separatist presence. The Separatist forces, under Generals Grievous, Kleeve, and Colonel Coburn Sear were also confirming a republic presence there. Kleeve saw no reason to attack Kardoa, since there was nothing at stake. Kleeve, at the orders of Count Dooku, then left to conquer Kaller. Grievous then went to Mygeeto, left Colonel Sear to deal with the Jedi.
The skirmish[edit | edit source]
Billaba, along with her apprentice, Caleb Dume, and her battalion then moved out towards the canyons, splitting into five squads to recon the area. Billaba and her battalion then came under attack by battle droids. With the trail gone, Billaba's battalion was unable to retreat. She then called air support. Dume then attacked head on into the battle droids. Billaba then left Corporal Big-Mouth and Dume behind to keep the battle droids while she destroyed the jamming signal.
Colonel Sears then watched as Dume fought. He then took a speeder to find Billaba before she could outflank his forces. Dume was then wounded by the battle droids blaster fire. However, he was saved by CT-1157. Despite, Billaba and her troops then targeted Sear's shuttles slowly. Sear, knowing that his forces could not risk being stranded there, ordered his troops to pull back and secure their shuttles. Thus the Separatist forces retreated.
Aftermath[edit | edit source]
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Kanan 9 (First appearance)
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition (Indirect mention only)
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Kanan 7
- Star Wars: Force Collection (Card: (Bacara (★★★★))
- Kanan 10
- Star Wars: Kanan 9: First Blood, Part III: The Canyons of Kardoa
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 15 (Helmets: Commander Bacara) places the Third Battle of Mygeeto months prior to the Fourth Battle of Mygeeto, which Star Wars: Galactic Atlas places in 19 BBY. As the Skirmish on Kardoa takes place shortly prior to the Third Battle of Mygeeto, it must also take place around the same time.