- "I will attack the Naboo!"
- ―General Grievous
A skirmish took place on the planet Naboo during the Clone Wars between the Galactic Republic and the Confederacy of Independent Systems. It was instigated by the Gungans' Boss Lyonie's minister, Rish Loo, who influenced the Boss to seek an alliance with the Separatists. General Anakin Skywalker, Senator Padmé Amidala, and fellow Gungan Representative Jar Jar Binks arrived to advise against the arrangements, After an attempted assassination, Lyonie was injured and Representative Binks represented the Gungan Grand Army in preparing for an attack on the Naboo with the Separatist General Grievous. He ultimately refused the arranged offer while the Gungan militia, lead by General Roos Tarpals, disabled the droid forces. Grievous was then captured by the Gungans. Count Dooku later captured Anakin Skywalker, and the two generals were subsequently freed in a prisoner exchange.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 21 (Databank A-Z: Greedo–Gundarks)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 24 (Weapons & Uniforms: Terror of the IG-100s)
- Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition (Indirect mention only)
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Prisoners"
- Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide states that the Onderonian Civil War began 22 years before the Rogue One mission, and that it ended 19 years before the mission. Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the Rogue One mission to 0 BBY. Therefore, the Onderonian Civil War began in 22 BBY and ended in 19 BBY.
- Star Wars: Force Collection (Card: Bacara (★★★★) (link))
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Mercy Mission"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Shadow Warrior"
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas places the Battle of Mon Cala and the skirmish in Theed to 20 BBY. As the episode this event takes place within takes place between the events of the episodes the other events are attached to according to , this event must also take place 20 BBY.