- "They have overrun the base! We need reinforcements!"
- ―685's last words during the skirmish
A skirmish broke out on Orto Plutonia during the Clone Wars. Battle droids stationed at a hidden Separatist base on the planet, which was erroneously believed to be uninhabited, provoked a village of the native Talz. The garrison of Glid Station, a Galactic Republic military outpost built on Orto Plutonia at the behest of the inhabitants of the moon Pantora, was caught in the middle. The Talz wiped out the droids and clone troopers, leaving the droid heads and clone helmets on spears at the two bases as a warning against return.
After contact was lost with Glid Station, Jedi Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker, accompanied by their clone forces and Pantoran dignitaries Chairman Chi Cho and Senator Riyo Chuchi, visited Orto Plutonia to investigate. The two Jedi discovered the Talz and learned the story of what had happened from chieftain Thi-Sen, but Cho sparked a battle between the Talz and his people due to his insistence on claiming Orto Plutonia as sovereign Pantoran territory and refusing to view the Talz as sentient beings. After Cho's subsequent death in battle, Chuchi was able to negotiate peace between the Pantorans and Talz, agreeing to leave Orto Plutonia to them.
Behind the scenes
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Trespass" (First appearance) (Appears in hologram)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Sphere of Influence" (Indirect mention only)
- (Indirect mention only)
Notes and references
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Trespass"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Defenders of Peace"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Supply Lines"
- Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide states that the Onderonian Civil War began 22 years before the Rogue One mission, and that it ended 19 years before the mission. Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the Rogue One mission to 0 BBY. Therefore, the Onderonian Civil War began in 22 BBY and ended in 19 BBY.
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 30 (Highlights of the Saga: The Betrayal of Captain Argyus) places the rescue on the Tranquility to 21 BBY and Star Wars: Galactic Atlas similarly dates the raid on Nuvo Vindi's laboratory to 21 BBY. As the episode this event is mentioned within within takes place between the events of the episodes the other events are attached to according to , this event must also take place in 21 BBY.