In 10 BBY, a skirmish broke out on the planet Savareen between Crimson Dawn, the gang of Tobias Beckett's and the Cloud-Riders to determine who would take control of the coaxium Beckett and his gang had stolen from Kessel.
After losing a shipment of coaxium on Vandor, Beckett's gang and the smuggler Han Solo were forced to pursue other options. They came up with a plan to steal unrefined hyperfuel from Kessel. After completing the Kessel Run, they arrived on Savareen for refinement.
- "You really have it bad for the Falcon, don't ya?"
"It's mutual. Trust me, she belongs with me."
- ―Lando Calrissian and Han Solo, during their game of Sabacc
After Beckett's death and Qi'ra's departure from Savareen, Solo and Chewbacca were given one of the containers of coaxium by Nest. The pair traveled to Numidian Prime where Lando Calrissian was playing a game of sabacc. Solo was able to steal a sylop from Calrissian, and used it to win the Millennium Falcon. The pair then set off to Tatooine, as Beckett had told Solo he had heard about a job from a big-shot gangster.
Behind the scenesEdit
Tobias Beckett's betrayal during the skirmish was meant to rhyme the moment of the 1977 original trilogy film Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope in which Han Solo returns during the Battle of Yavin to aide Luke Skywalker in destroying the Death Star, as in both movies, the cynical and older character reluctantly departs and then suddenly returns, though in Beckett's case, it wasn't for heroic nature but rather a betrayal. In addition, Qi'ra's betrayal was present since the earliest incarnations of the story, as she was always intended to be more complicated and ambiguous than Han, at least at that point of their lives.
- Solo: A Star Wars Story (First appearance)
- Solo: A Star Wars Story: Expanded Edition
- Solo: A Star Wars Story Read-Along Storybook and CD
- Solo: A Star Wars Story Adaptation 5
- Solo: A Star Wars Story Adaptation 6
- Solo: A Star Wars Story Adaptation 7
- Star Wars 67: The Scourging of Shu-Torun, Part VI (Indirect mention only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 1.15 1.16 1.17 1.18 1.19 1.20 1.21 1.22 1.23 1.24 1.25 1.26 Solo: A Star Wars Story
- ↑ Rebel Rising
- ↑ The timeline provided in Solo: A Star Wars Story The Official Guide places the skirmish on Savareen nine years after the events of Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith. As that film takes place in 19 BBY, we can deduce that the skirmish on Savareen took place in 10 BBY.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1