- "I thought you had decided to stay."
"Well, the bounty hunter we ran into on Ord Mantell changed my mind."
- ―Leia Organa and Han Solo
Skorr was a bounty hunter who operated sometime prior to the Battle of Hoth and engaged a group of Rebel Alliance personnel on Ord Mantell. The group included the Alderaanian Princess Leia Organa and the freighter captain Han Solo. Later, as Solo prepared to abandon the Alliance on Hoth, he cited the encounter with Skorr as a reason for his departure to Organa.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Skorr was first mentioned in the 1980 film Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back, written by Leigh Brackett and Lawrence Kasdan. In the Star Wars Legends continuity, several different accounts were given for the encounter between Solo and the hunter. The now obsolete StarWars.com Databank identified the hunter as Skorr, a character first introduced in the 1981 comic strip The Bounty Hunter of Ord Mantell, written by Archie Goodwin and illustrated by Al Williamson. The bounty hunter was eventually identified in the short story "The Whills Strike Back," written by Tom Angleberger and published in 2020 as part of the anthology book From a Certain Point of View: The Empire Strikes Back.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back (First mentioned) (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back junior novelization (Indirect mention only)
- "The Whills Strike Back"—From a Certain Point of View: The Empire Strikes Back (Mentioned only) (First identified as Skorr)
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition
- "A Certain Point of View"—Star Wars Insider 201 (Indirect mention only)