- "The general felt a redeployment of this fleet would would increase our defensive perimeter."
- ―Admiral Wullf Yularen, to Jedi General Obi-Wan Kenobi about Skywalker's fleet
Skywalker's fleet was a Galactic Republic task force of the Open Circle Armada that was commanded by Jedi General Anakin Skywalker and Admiral Wullf Yularen during the Clone Wars against the Separatist Alliance of varying size and strength throughout the conflict. Initially, General Skywalker commanded the task force from the Venator-class Star Destroyer, the Resolute. The task force was reinforced by Jedi General Obi-Wan Kenobi's own task force during the Malevolence campaign, and again during the Defense of Rishi Station. By the Battle of Yerbana, Skywalker and Kenobi joined their forces into a singular fleet group.
History[edit | edit source]
Battle of Christophsis[edit | edit source]
During the Clone Wars, Anakin Skywalker's task force was dispatched to Christophsis to resupply Senator Bail Organa's refugee camp at the Minister of Sustenance's compound in the eastern exurbs on the planet's surface.
The Confederacy navy under Admiral Trench, however, established a blockade above the planet. Jedi General Skywalker's task force were under orders to await the arrival of Jedi General Obi-Wan Kenobi the Negotiator. Skywalker ignored orders, and began his attack on the blockade, although the Separatist fleet was able to hold the line against Skywalker's task force, inflicting heavy casualties on Skywalker's starships and the Pelta-class frigates. As Trench's flagship, the Invincible, rained fire upon the task force, Skywalker decided to order the engines on his vessel, the Resolute, to full power and push past the Invincible and reach the surface. Kenobi arrived before his plan could be put in place, and convinced Skywalker to withdraw his forces behind the moon of Leesis.
After Skywalker broke through Trench's blockade, Skywalker sent his task force to a Haven-class medical station to resupply. Republic Admiral Wullf Yularen was then ordered by Master Yoda to drop off a messenger, Ahsoka Tano, to Generals Kenobi and Skywalker with vital information. After dropping off Tano, Yularen and the Resolute was forced to retreat when Separatist reinforcements arrived. With reinforcements from Yoda and Admiral Wurtz, Yularen and the task force were then able to force the Separatist fleet to retreat from Christophsis.
Skytop Station campaign[edit | edit source]
- "Our spies were right, General. The Jedi have positioned a fleet beyond the planetary rings."
- ―An OOM command droid, to General Grievous
Skywalker's task force was then sent to protect Bothawui from General Grievous' fleet towards the end of the Grievous's Skytop Station campaign. Skywalker's forces stopped the Separatists from taking the strategically important world. The task force was then alerted by the destruction of the Rishi Station on the Rishi Moon of Grievous' attempt on Kamino. The task force attempted to capture Dooku when Kenobi allowed Skywalker to be captured. However, Dooku was able to escape and crash landed on Vanqor only to be captured by pirates.
The task force later assisted in rescuing what was left Master Aayla Secura's and Commander Bly's forces. Skywalker, his apprentice Tano, and Captain Rex were able save Secura, Bly and several other troops before Secura's cruiser was destroyed. Unfortunately, their Consular-class cruiser was damaged and was forced into hyperspace before it could dock with the Resolute. The task force was able to finish the battle and focus on locating Skywalker's and Secura's forces. Despite this defeat, the task force was able to find Skywalker, Secura, Tano and their forces on Maridun.
Complement[edit | edit source]
Anakin Skywalker's task force was comprised of at least three Venator-class Star Destroyers during the Battle of Bothawui, which included the flagship Resolute. During the Battle of Ryloth the task force deployed the Resolute, the Defender, and the Redeemer, and also had at least one Consular-class cruiser which was destroyed following the Battle of Quell.
The Defender and the Redeemer were both destroyed during the Battle of Ryloth, and the Resolute was eventually destroyed in the Battle of Sullust. By the invasion of Scipio, the task force was led by another flagship and consisted of at least two Venators and at least two Arquitens-class light cruisers.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Sources[edit | edit source]
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Downfall of a Droid"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Rising Malevolence"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Destroy Malevolence"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Unknown"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Storm Over Ryloth"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Shadow of Malevolence"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars film
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Cat and Mouse"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Jedi Crash"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Cargo of Doom"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Landing at Point Rain"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Grievous Intrigue"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "ARC Troopers"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Nightsisters"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Sabotage)"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Crisis at the Heart"
- command ship and crew of Anakin Skywalker's task force use the insignia of the Open Circle Fleet. As such, it can be deduced that the task force was part of the fleet. establishes that the
- Star Wars: On the Front Lines
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Rookies"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Dooku Captured"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Defenders of Peace"