- "Slugthrowers! Wow, ain't heard that sound in ages."
Slugthrowers, also referred to as firearms, were any projectile weapon that fired solid projectiles enveloped in energy (known as slugs), as opposed to the energy bolts of a blaster. Slugs could be fired by weapons such as the scatter gun, or the Cycler rifle which was sometimes used by the Tusken Raiders of Tatooine.
Slugthrowers were surprisingly useful against lightsabers, as when a slug made contact with a blade, it simply melted instead of being deflected like a blaster bolt. These melted embers could then fly toward the face or hands of the lightsaber user, and harm them if they were not careful.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 1 (Databank A-Z: Ask Aak–Stass Allie) (Picture only)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 11 (Helmets: In Pictures)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 32 (Helmets: In Pictures)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 76 (Weapons & Uniforms: Aurra Sing; Highlights of the Saga: The End of Endurance) (Picture only)