- "Slugthrowers! Wow, ain't heard that sound in ages."
Slugthrowers, also referred to as firearms, were any projectile weapon that fired solid projectiles (known as slugs), as opposed to the energy bolts of a blaster. Slugs could be fired by weapons such as the scatter gun, or the Cycler rifle which was sometimes used by the Tusken Raiders of Tatooine.
Slugthrowers were surprisingly useful against lightsabers, as when a slug made contact with a blade, it would simply melt instead of being deflected like a typical blaster bolt. Molten vapor fragments and/or shrapnel could then scatter towards the face or bare hands of the lightsaber user, and cause harm if they were not careful.
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 1 (Databank A-Z: Ask Aak–Stass Allie) (Picture only)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 11 (Helmets: Tusken Raider)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 32 (Helmets: Hoth Rebel Soldier)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 39 (Helmets: Zam Wesell)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 76 (Weapons & Uniforms: Aurra Sing; Highlights of the Saga: The End of Endurance) (Picture only)
- Rise of the Separatists
- Collapse of the Republic
- Gadgets and Gear
- (Picture only)