The smooka was a spade-headed rodent native to Dagobah. It had a prehensile tail and ulnar skin flaps that stiffened when leaping, allowing it to glide. A smooka's diet included berries, nuts, bogwing and jubba bird nestlings, and their eggs. Smookas would also eat leaf-tail pups. The creature would chisel holes in trees with its teeth for nesting purposes, having up to five young per litter. Their teeth were extremely durable and could cut through metal armor and cage bars.
Predators include Dagobah pythons.
- The Force Unleashed novel (Mentioned only)
- Legacy of the Force: Inferno (Mentioned only) (as insult)
- The Wildlife of Star Wars: A Field Guide (First mentioned)
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 91 (DAG12, Dagobah - Animals)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia (As "spade-headed smooka")
- Nexus of Power