- "Ackbar told us that the development research on the Mon Calamari cruisers was annexed by the Empire and is being kept in a vault on Carida. With this data, the Mon Calamari could build their massive capital ships, giving us a great advantage against Imperial Star Destroyers."
- ―Mon Mothma
After rescuing Mon Calamari slaves during the Raid over Corulag, alliance command was told that the plans for Mon Calamari Star Cruisers, which had been annexed by the empire, were being held at an imperial base on Carida. If the plans were recovered, the star cruisers could be used against Imperial Star Destroyers. However, a frontal attack against such a heavily guarded planet would be suicidal. Instead, the rebels opted for a smaller raid.
Mon Mothma put out a call for smugglers, saying there would be a paying mission, although not saying what the mission was. As expected, Han Solo and Chewbacca, who she had had previous experiences with, answered the call. After they demanded extra payment in return for damages to their ship during previous rebel operations, Mon Mothma said there would be no reason for the Millennium Falcon to leave the ground at all. Instead, the duo of smugglers were shipped on an imperial transport.
- "You should be very familiar with that system because of your days in the Academy, but it is exceedingly difficult to get landing clearances for Imperial deserters there."
- ―Mon Mothma to Han Solo
After getting off the ship, Han Solo decided the most likely place for the designs was in a cargo area. However, it was well protected by Turbolaser towers, so they decided to take out a power generator, which was powering the towers.
After fighting through several stormtroopers and turrets, as well as destroying an imperial barracks and two imperial Model Edu A-34 officer academies, they arrived at several unmanned TIE Maulers. At Han's suggestion, Chewbacca commandeered one, and it was used to take out more imperial stormtroopers.
However, the way was blocked by 4 AT-STs. Han Suggested finding another vehicle to deal with the AT-STs. The answer was not far away: an unmanned AT-AT walker. Commandeering it, the AT-STs were destroyed, and the force moved on to the main street. A force of Stormtroopers and AT-STs were sent at the rebel walker, but were destroyed. The power generator, along with an uplink station, was destroyed.
Going the rest of the way on foot, the duo captured the plans, and decided to steal a transport to escape. However, enemy reinforcements arrived. Luckily, the smugglers avoided the imperials and escaped with the plans.
- "You've certainly earned this. The Mon Calamari will be able to restart their production facilities now. The Alliance would be happy to discuss the possibility of a longer-term relationship if you'd like further work..."
- ―Mon Mothma to Han Solo
The battle was a major victory for the rebels. Apart from causing damage to the Academy of Carida with absolutely no casualties, the rebels recaptured some very important schematics. They could now build capital ships to match the Imperial Navy.
However, Han Solo and Chewbacca decided to try and distance themselves as much as possible from the rebellion. In addition, the imperials had put together a massive naval force to try to capture Mon Calamari and destroy the shipyards before any more capital ships could be produced.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Star Wars: Empire at War (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Empire at War: Prima Official Game Guide (First identified as Smuggler's Raid on Carida)
- Star Wars: Empire at War: Forces of Corruption Expansion: Prima Official Game Guide
Notes and referencesEdit