- "Kiki says you have surveyed the smugglers' base and are now returning to do more for our den."
- ―Tika Sileste, to a spacer
Description[edit | edit source]
- "Three hills. All well guarded. An operations building connected to their landing pad. This information indicates that the only successful approach will be to infiltrate the buildings and find ways to end their efforts from the inside."
- ―Kiki Dorente, to a spacer
The Smuggler Base was located near the city of Nashal, on the planet Talus of the Corellian system. It served as base of operations for the Talusian Smugglers. The base was made of several structures: an operations building, a landing pad, living quarters and a supply building. The base was protected by a tall defensive wall and the three hills that surrounded the base were guarded by smuggler guards. Many of the operations in the base were carried out by droids, including EG-6 power droids and CLL-8 binary load lifters.
History[edit | edit source]
- "Return of our people is paramount. Could you please inspect the smuggler base and look for our den mates?"
- ―Lika Fimente, to a spacer
The Smuggler Base was located near a cave inhabited by the Selonians of the Neetha Den. After the Battle of Yavin, several Selonians were captured by the smugglers and kept as hostages in order to force the rest of the den into mining for them.
Circa 1 ABY, the Corellian Security Force was aware of the situation but was unable to intervene in Selonians matters. Agent Taarna thus recruited an independent spacer in order to help the Selonians without involving the CorSec. The spacer later worked with Tika Sileste, Ravi Thienta, Lika Fimente and Kiki Dorente, the advisor to the Neetha den mother, to develop a strategy against the smugglers. The spacer then attacked the base and killed many smugglers, including their leader. The spacer also destroyed the smugglers' droids, and the weapon caches, and retrieved stolen Selonian supplies of food, hides and electronic parts. However, the spacer discovered that the captive Selonians had already been shipped to Ord Mantell and sold as slaves.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
The Smuggler Base appeared in the 2003 video game Star Wars Galaxies, a massively multiplayer online role-playing game developed by Sony Online Entertainment and published by LucasArts, prior to its closure on December 15, 2011. The Smuggler Base was added to the game with the update named "Chapter 1: The Corellian Captives", published on June 8, 2006.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Sources[edit | edit source]
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars Galaxies: Starter Kit—Legacy Quest: "Finding a Weakness" on Talus
- Star Wars Galaxies: Starter Kit—Legacy Quest: "Gather the Missing" on Talus
- Star Wars Galaxies: Starter Kit—Legacy Quest: "Exploiting a Weakness" on Talus
- Star Wars Galaxies: Starter Kit—Legacy Quest: "Travel to Talus" on Talus
- Star Wars Galaxies: The Ruins of Dantooine
- Star Wars Galaxies: Starter Kit—Legacy Quest: "Under Your Thumb" on Talus