Snakes (also called serpents) were creatures with a cylindrical, limbless body, a forked tongue that allowed them to smell, sharp fangs, and slitted eyes. They could grow as long as three meters and become as thick as the arm of a Kiffar. Snakes moved smoothly over surfaces with a distinctive twisting motion. When angered, they started hissing and thrashing. Some snakes were venomous, and their bites were painful. The Anacondans were a race of sentient, snakelike beings.
The swamp-covered planet Dagobah was home to at least one species of snake, the vine snake. Some small specimens resided in Yoda's hut; one such creature startled Luke Skywalker while he was preparing to leave Dagobah to rescue Han Solo and Leia Organa. The swamps of Rodia were home to countless varieties of snakes; Skywalker notably encountered one when he opened the door to Huulik's mausoleum. Black snakes could be found on Dathomir, and Moraband was home to a giant Sith serpent that, on closer inspection, was made of hundreds of smaller snakes.
During her time as a bounty hunter, the former Sith acolyte Asajj Ventress wore shoulder plates that bore an illustration of a twisted, black snake. At one point, Ventress also wore a necklace crafted to look like a snake.
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know, Updated and Expanded
- Classic Star Wars (Set: 75208 Yoda's Hut)
- Star Wars: Smuggler's Guide
- Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga: The Official Collector's Edition