The sneak attack on Roche was a surprise assault that took place during the Clone Wars, a galactic conflict fought between the Galactic Republic and Separatist Alliance, on the Mid Rim astronomical object of Roche at some point between 21 BBY and 19 BBY. Despite having missed the previous invasion of Saleucami, the Dressellian smuggler Has Obitt was caught in the middle of the sneak attack.
Behind the scenes
- Catalyst: A Rogue One Novel (First mentioned, simultaneous with Catalyst: A Rogue One Novel audiobook)
- Catalyst: A Rogue One Novel audiobook (Mentioned only)
Notes and references
- Catalyst: A Rogue One Novel
- Catalyst: A Rogue One Novel establishes that the sneak attack on Roche occurred prior to the end of the Clone Wars. Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith further establishes that the war ended with the mission to Mustafar. Therefore, the sneak attack must have occurred at some point prior to the mission to Mustafar.
- Collapse of the Republic states that the invasion of Saleucami occurred after the Battle of Saleucami. Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the events of the Star Wars: The Clone Wars episode "Landing at Point Rain" to 21 BBY, and Star Wars Helmet Collection 76 (Highlights of the Saga: The End of Endurance) dates the death of CT-411 "Ponds," as seen in the episode "Lethal Trackdown," to the same year. Since places the episodes "Grievous Intrigue" and "The Deserter" between "Landing at Point Rain" and "Lethal Trackdown," their events, including the Battle of Saleucami, must take place in the same year. Catalyst: A Rogue One Novel establishes that the sneak attack on Roche occurred at some point during the Clone Wars and after the invasion of Saleucami. Since Star Wars: Galactic Atlas states that the Clone Wars ended in 19 BBY, the sneak attack must have taken place at some point between 21 BBY and 19 BBY.
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens Beginner Game