- "So glad you could join us," Soara said.
"Thought you might have missed us," Darra said with a grin. Then she noted Soara's injury. "Master, you're hurt!"
"Just a minor inconvenience..."
- ―Darra Thel-Tanis and her Master Soara Antana in the midst of a rescue operation by Darra and her fellow Padawans, to free their battle-droid besieged Masters in the "ground canyons" of Radnor.
A graceful Human female, Soara Antana was a Jedi Master, trained in the ways of the Force by the Jedi Order. A noted lightsaber virtuoso—described even as "a legend"—Antana was stationed at the Jedi Temple on Coruscant where she served as a lightsaber instructor. At the request of Jedi Knight Obi-Wan Kenobi, Antana (who had also recently just become a Knight) began training Kenobi's Padawan, Anakin Skywalker, in specialized lightsaber combat. Circa 27 BBY, Antana took on Darra Thel-Tanis as her Padawan.
On their first mission together, Antana and Thel-Tanis accompanied Jedi Master Ry-Gaul and his Padawan Tru Veld, Master Siri Tachi and her Padawan Ferus Olin, as well as Kenobi and Skywalker to the planet of Radnor to help with the evacuation of that world. The evacuation was due to a deadly toxin that had spread throughout the planet because of a weapons chemical leak. Antana and the other Jedi later discovered that the toxic leak was connected with the local Avoni raiders. The evidence ultimately led to Galen, a traitorous Radnoran, who was taken into custody for his crimes. The Avoni, however, escaped prosecution. During the mission, Antana was injured by a Multi-Troop Transport, but soon recovered.
Around 24 BBY, Antana and Thel-Tanis continued to undertake assignments together, including an escort mission to Nuralee. After Granta Omega and Jenna Zan Arbor, both enemies of the Jedi Order and the Galactic Republic, were tracked, Antana accompanied Kenobi, Skywalker, Olin, Ry-Gaul, and Veld on a mission to the planet Korriban, the ancient birthplace of the Sith. During the mission, the Jedi entered the Valley of the Dark Lords, where they sensed how strong the dark side was. They were ambushed by Korriban zombies, which led to the death of Antana's Padawan at the hands of Granta Omega.
As the Clone Wars started, Soara participated alongside Kenobi and Skywalker in several missions against the Confederacy of Independent Systems. As the wars ended in 19 BBY, Soara was killed during the assault at the Jedi Temple—the beginning of the Great Jedi Purge.
Personality and traitsEdit
- "Curi, we don't have time for your hesitations," Soara prodded bluntly ... "You know what his means about the comm systems, don't you? ... The Avoni must be jamming the planet. It's the only explanation."
- ―Jedi Master Soara Antana.
Soara Antana was a young athletic woman of sturdy, muscular build, with powerful hands. The speed of her combat rhythms was exceptional, described as being "faster" than even the quick and agile Jedi Masters Siri Tachi and Obi-Wan Kenobi; Anakin Skywalker was likewise "astonished" by her fighting abilities. While being prodigiously talented in lightsaber combat and admired by all, Soara was nevertheless described as having a very "blunt" personality—known for her "no-nonsense" approach to the task at hand.
- Jedi Quest: The Way of the Apprentice (First appearance)
- Jedi Quest: The Master of Disguise
- Jedi Quest: The School of Fear (Mentioned only)
- Jedi Quest: The Changing of the Guard (Mentioned only)
- Jedi Quest: The False Peace
- Jedi Quest: The Final Showdown
- The Last of the Jedi: The Desperate Mission (Mentioned only)
- The Last of the Jedi: Death on Naboo (Mentioned only)
- Inside the Worlds of Star Wars: Attack of the Clones
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Essential Reader's Companion