- "May I bring you a drink?"
- ―A protocol droid and Drikl Lecersen
The Sonic Screwdriver was an alcoholic cocktail composed of fruit juice and liquor that was widely available across the galaxy. In 44 ABY, the drink's textbook recipe was replicated precisely by a protocol droid when the Human Moff Drikl Lecersen ordered a Sonic Screwdriver while in Obridagar's Simulator Palace, a pilot training facility on the planet of Coruscant.
Behind the scenes
- "Yes, the Dr. Who call-out was deliberate. Yet invisile [sic] to those unfamiliar with Dr. Who. The best sort of in-joke."
- ―Aaron Allston
The Sonic Screwdriver appeared in Fate of the Jedi: Conviction, a 2011 novel by Aaron Allston. Allston borrowed the name "sonic screwdriver" from the all-purpose tool used by the Doctor in Doctor Who.
- Fate of the Jedi: Conviction (First appearance, simultaneous with Fate of the Jedi: Conviction audiobook)
- Fate of the Jedi: Conviction audiobook