The Sorcerers of Tund were a largely reclusive, secretive group of an ancient order of Sith sorcerers notable for their concealing outfits. The Sorcerers were highly skilled in deception, illusions, and shapeshifting. They rarely ventured off Tund, and were known to be driven mad by their explorations of the Force.
The Sorcerers of Tund were established on the planet Tund, following the Great Hyperspace War, around the time of one of the Great Schisms. They were originally composed of banished pure-blooded Sith priests and rumoured by the Jedi to be descendants of purebloded Sith that were once exiled from Korriban. This pure-blooded Sith society – spoken of in whispers throughout much of the galaxy – combined science, ontology, and magic. Convinced by their Rakatan interactions that all sentients are Force-sensitive, the Sorcerers of Tund proclaimed the omnipresence of the Force ("the Unity") that illuminated the deception of dualities and multiplicity.
The early Jedi viewed the sorcerers as merely another |dark side Force sect, much like the Jal Shey or Zeison Sha. But following the Restoration—and reign of terror by Karnak Tetsu, who led the sorcerers in the years following the Great Sith War—the Jedi Order would have often tried to "convert" the Sorcerers, attempting to convince them to use the Force without any of their trappings of magic and mysticism. However, they were unsuccessful, and eventually the Jedi contented themselves with making sure the Sorcerers did not descend into the dark side. Unsurprisingly, the sorcerers were reticent in accepting outlanders, believing that only true Sith can grasp their truth. On one occasion, however, they welcomed the few remaining Massassi and Kissai, descended from outcasts much like themselves.
During the waning years of the Galactic Republic, numerous crises forced the Jedi to abandon their surveillance of the Sorcerers. Darth Sidious did not see any potential for recruitment in the ranks of the Sorcerers, believing that the Imperial Navy could contain Tund.
In 22 BBY, Adler Roty claimed to be a Sorcerer of Tund. The last known disciple of the group was Rokur Gepta, a Croke who joined the group, learned all their secrets of power, invented a few of his own, and when he felt that there was nothing more to learn, killed the others and all other life on the planet with his electromagnetic torpedo. Gepta would repeatedly come into conflict with Lando Calrissian during the early years of the gambler's career, eventually dying at his hands, thus seemingly eradicating the order.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (Mentioned only)
- Darth Plagueis (Mentioned only)
- The Wrath of Darth Maul (Indirect mention only)
- Adler Roty—HoloNet News
- MedStar II: Jedi Healer (Mentioned only)
- Lando Calrissian and the Mindharp of Sharu (First appearance)
- Lando Calrissian and the Flamewind of Oseon
- Lando Calrissian and the Starcave of ThonBoka
- Star Wars: Rebellion (Mentioned only)
- Galaxy Guide 3: The Empire Strikes Back, Second Edition
- Star Wars Gamemaster Screen, Revised
- The Dark Side Sourcebook
- "Unseen Planets of Episode I"—Star Wars Insider 56
- The New Essential Guide to Characters
- Hero's Guide
- The New Essential Chronology
- Star Wars Roleplaying Game Core Rulebook
- Star Wars Roleplaying Game Revised Core Rulebook
- Jedi vs. Sith: The Essential Guide to the Force
- Knights of the Old Republic Campaign Guide
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Jedi Academy Training Manual
- The Essential Atlas
- The Jedi Path: A Manual for Students of the Force
- Book of Sith: Secrets from the Dark Side
- The Essential Reader's Companion
- Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook
- "Authors of the Expanded Universe: L. Neil Smith"—Star Wars Insider 145
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ The Essential Atlas maintains the Sorcerers arose after 5000 BBY, with The New Essential Guide to Characters additionally clarifying that the group's inception occurred around the time of one of the Great Schisms. The only Great Schism that occurred between 5000 BBY and the rise of Karnak Tetsu, the earliest Sorcerer of Tund named in Legends canon who lived around the time of the Dark Wars of 3955 BBY, was the Third Great Schism of 4250 BBY.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 The Essential Atlas
- ↑ Lando Calrissian and the Mindharp of Sharu
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 The New Essential Guide to Characters
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 The Jedi Path: A Manual for Students of the Force
- ↑ Lando Calrissian and the Flamewind of Oseon