- ―Sorgan children, after witnessing the Child attempt to eat a frog
Sorgan frogs were a species of blue-skinned, one-eyed frogs native to the planet Sorgan. Around 9 ABY, while visiting a village on the planet with Din Djarin, the Child attempted to eat one of these frogs before stopping when the girl Winta and several other children reacted in disgust, allowing for the frog to escape into a nearby trough.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
- "Hasbro’s Star Wars: The Black Series The Child figure stands at just 1.12-inches tall, with premium detail, multiple points of articulation, and accessories including a bone broth cup, a ball, and a tasty Sorgan frog."
- ―StarWars.com description of the figure
Sorgan frogs appeared in "Chapter 4: Sanctuary," an episode of the first season of Jon Favreau's television series The Mandalorian. The episode was directed by Bryce Dallas Howard and aired on Disney+ on November 29, 2019. On December 23 of that year, the creatures were subsequently identified as Sorgan frogs in a StarWars.com article detailing merchandise from the show. The article revealed that a frog figure would come as an accessory for the Child in the Star Wars: The Black Series toyline.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Sources[edit | edit source]
- (First identified as Sorgan frog)
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- The Mandalorian – "Chapter 4: Sanctuary"
- The Mandalorian is set about five years after the events of Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi, which Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates to 4 ABY. Therefore, the events of The Mandalorian, including the appearance of Sorgan frogs, must have taken place around 9 ABY. establishes that
- The Mandalorian Media Kit (PDF). Walt Disney Direct-to-Consumer & International p. 1. The Walt Disney Company (2019-09-24). Archived from the original on February 3, 2020. Retrieved on February 10, 2020.