- "So good, you'd swear they were made by the Soup People of Tureen VI."
- ―Dexter Jettster, on the quality of his soup
The Soup People were beings native to the planet Tureen VI who were known for making high-quality soups. At some point before the year 18 BBY, on the menu for his restaurant, Dex's Diner, the Besalisk chef Dexter Jettster claimed that his soups were as good as those produced by the Soup People.
Society and culture[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
The Soup People hailed from the planet Tureen VI, which was located in the Tureen system in the Kriz sector of the Outer Rim Territories. At Dex's Diner, a restaurant located in CoCo Town on the planet Coruscant, the diner's Besalisk owner, Dexter Jettster, claimed in his menu that he served soup of the same quality as that of the Soup People, before the Galactic Empire destroyed the diner at some point during its first two years in power.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
- "Silly, but it works as a throwaway reference."
- ―Gregory Walker, on the Soup People of Tureen VI
The Soup People of Tureen VI were briefly mentioned in "Dining at Dex's", a 2009 StarWars.com Hyperspace exclusive article written by Gregory Walker in the form of an in-universe menu for Dex's Diner. The article did not specify if the Soup People were a species. The article gave no details on the Soup People beyond the fact that they were from Tureen VI and made high-quality soup. In his blog, Walker mentioned that the Soup People were merely included as a silly reference. However, in response to the blog, Daniel Wallace, one of the authors of The Essential Atlas, a 2009 reference book published by Del Rey, said that he would reference Tureen VI in the next update of the book's online companion. From this comment, it can be determined that the Tureen system later mentioned in The Essential Atlas Online Companion was the location of the Soup People's home.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- (First mentioned)
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- The Last of the Jedi: Underworld, which The Essential Reader's Companion dates to around 18 BBY, establishes that Dex's Diner was destroyed by the Galactic Empire. The New Essential Chronology dates the Empire's formation to 19 BBY, so Dex's Diner was destroyed either during 19 BBY or 18 BBY.
- The Essential Atlas