- "So good, you'd swear they were made by the Soup People of Tureen VI."
- ―The menu of Dex's Diner
The Soup People were a group known for producing high-quality soups. They hailed from the astronomical object Tureen VI, which was located in the Tureen system in the Kriz sector of the Outer Rim Territories. Dexter Jettster, who owned the Dex's Diner restaurant on the Core Worlds planet Coruscant, claimed in his diner's menu that he served soup of the same quality as that of the Soup People prior to the eatery's destruction during the first two years of the Galactic Empire's reign.
Behind the scenes
- "Silly, but it works as a throwaway reference."
- ―Gregory Walker, on the Soup People of Tureen VI
The Soup People of Tureen VI were introduced in "Dining at Dex's," a 2009 Hyperspace-exclusive article written by Gregory Walker in the form of an in-universe menu. In his blog, Walker called the Soup People a silly throwaway reference, as a tureen is a dish used to hold soup.
- (First mentioned)
Notes and references
- Tureen system — Based on corresponding data for
- The Essential Atlas
- The Last of the Jedi: Underworld states that Dex's Diner was destroyed by the Galactic Empire, and The Essential Reader's Companion places Underworld around 18 BBY. Since The New Essential Chronology states that the Empire was formed in 19 BBY, Dex's Diner was destroyed in either 19 BBY or 18 BBY.