Sous-chef was a title held by some chefs. Sous-chefs were typically ranked below the head chef in whatever kitchen they worked in, and in Cloud City on Bespin, sous-chefs were ranked below Executive Chefs. The Volpai Robbs Ely held the position of sous-chef at Takodana Castle under head chef Strono Tuggs nearly two hundred years before the Battle of Takodana until his murder, at which point Tuggs held a competition, supposedly to choose a replacement but actually to expose Ely's murderer. During the Imperial Era, the Ugnaught chef Gersolik was employed by Baron Administrator Lando Calrissian as a sous-chef in Cloud City, working under Executive Chef Torro Sbazzle.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- "A Recipe for Death"—Tales from a Galaxy Far, Far Away: Aliens: Volume I (First appearance)
- "But What Does He Eat?"—From a Certain Point of View: The Empire Strikes Back (First identified as sous-chef)
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- "But What Does He Eat?"—From a Certain Point of View: The Empire Strikes Back
- "A Recipe for Death"—Tales from a Galaxy Far, Far Away: Aliens: Volume I
- "A Recipe for Death" establishes that Strono Tuggs has served in Takodana Castle for more than twenty years, and Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary establishes that Tuggs served in the castle for centuries before the Battle of Takodana. As such, "A Recipe for Death" must take place at least 180 years before the battle.