- "Girl, it's like this: The sea is changing, and the tides are shifting. It's about to get real nasty for us nasty types. Either we're gonna be running from the new sheriff in town, or we're gonna be trying to kill each other in the farthest-flung dung-heap systems, stabbing each other over a few scraps of what was once ours by right. I'm proposing we get together and stay together. Scoundrels like us, we always worked together—it just wasn't official. So I'm making it official."
- ―Eleodie forming the Sovereign Latitudes of Maracavanya.
The Sovereign Latitudes of Maracavanya was a loosely organized nation of pirates and criminals operating under the leadership of Eleodie Maracavanya, a maverick being known as the "pirate ruler of Wild Space."
With the increasing threat faced to such individuals by the laws passed the increasingly powerful New Republic, the group's aim was to provide a home and resources for those would normally forced to fend for themselves. The nation's ideals were freedom, greed, self-interest and pirates working together for their mutual benefit. When Maracavanya's armada was confronted by three greatly weakened Imperial II-class Star Destroyers fleeing from the Battle of Jakku, Maracavanya ordered them destroyed as a gift to the New Republic, hoping it might buy the fledgling nation some time to be left alone.
With no identifiable home planet and no planets actually under their control, the group was a government of space operating on the edges of Wild Space, with the Liberty's Misrule, a reclaimed Executor-class Star Dreadnought of the Galactic Empire serving as its flagship vessel. Eventually, the Sovereign Latitudes was located in a region of the galaxy that came to be known as the pirate territories, and an outpost was located at the edge of its border.
Behind the scenes
- Victory's Price (Mentioned only)
- Victory's Price audiobook (Mentioned only)
- Aftermath: Empire's End (First appearance)
- Aftermath: Empire's End audiobook
- Star Wars: The Rebel Files (Indirect mention only)