- "That's no moon. It's a space station."
- ―Obi-Wan Kenobi, upon seeing the Death Star
Space stations were artificial structures in space. Some, like the Citadel of Rur and Faos Station, were stationed independently in deep space or even in nebulas. Most stations[source?] were capable of being in orbit of astronomical objects, such as the Sorca Retreat.
Stations commissioned for military use often had emplacements of defensive mechanisms consisting of technologies like turbolaser batteries. Some stations could mobilize and navigate through both realspace and hyperspace.
The DS-1 Death Star Mobile Battle Station and DS-2 Death Star II Mobile Battle Station were constructed by the command of Darth Sidious, publicly known as the Supreme Chancellor of the Galactic Republic and later Emperor of the Galactic Empire. The two Death Stars were also classified as battle stations, a type of space station.
During or after 34 ABY, the Safari droid M1-RE, a specialized member of the Galactic Society of Creature Enthusiasts, was stationed on the Youngling Care Space Station where she cared for and studied several species of younglings. The station was very large and had several rooms, including one that was designed to resemble the Forest Moon of Endor.
Notes and references
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope
- Doctor Aphra (2016) 5
- Star Wars Rebels – "In the Name of the Rebellion"
- Adventures in Wild Space: The Steal
- Doctor Aphra (2016) 9
- Catalyst: A Rogue One Novel
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi
- Star Wars Galactic Pals after the events of Star Wars Galaxy of Creatures. The Galaxy of Creatures book depicts all episodes of Star Wars Galaxy of Creatures taking place a relatively short time apart. Star Wars Galaxy of Creatures – "Porgs" features porgs on Batuu, a species that Star Wars: Tales from the Galaxy's Edge establishes were not present on the planet Batuu until the Resistance brought them there between the events of Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens and Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge. Therefore, porgs must have been introduced to Batuu between those stories, which corresponds to 34 ABY per this reasoning, meaning that the events of Star Wars Galaxy of Creatures take place during or after 34 ABY. places
- Star Wars Galactic Pals – "Wookiee"
- Star Wars Galactic Pals – "Ewok"