- "As Rukil told us, it is not an easy life. Our children will grow up in a world of spears and bows, not blasters and starships."
A spear consisted of a shaft, with a point at one end that was usually made of stone or metal. Spears were often constructed in a balanced way that allowed it to be used effectively as a thrown weapon.
Different types of spears included the bevii'ragir, a traditional Mandalorian spear used for hunting, a static pike used by Geonosians, the shoni spear favored by the Kaleesh, stone-bladed spears used by Whiphid warriors, and the gruush, a pointed tool used by the Sauvax species that could also be used as a weapon.
Spears constructed of durable metal alloys were sometimes used by more advanced cultures for sport.
The former clone commando-turned-Mandalorian soldier, Fi Skirata, made use of a traditional Mandalorian hunting spear known as a bevii'ragir. Wad'e Tay'haai, a Mandalorian member of the Cuy'val Dar and an associate of Skirata's clan, owned an ancient spear cast from bronzium.
- LEGO Star Wars: The Video Game (Non-canonical appearance)
- LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga (Non-canonical appearance)
- LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars (Non-canonical appearance)
- LEGO Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy (Non-canonical appearance)
Notes and references
- Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game, p. 52
- Star Wars Roleplaying Game Saga Edition Core Rulebook
- Order 66: A Republic Commando Novel
- Ultimate Alien Anthology
- Standoff on Leritor"—Star Wars Gamer 10 "
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Trespass"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Water War"
- Strongholds of Resistance (Picture only)
- *[[Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi