Speciecide, also known as "strategic extinctions" and "genocide", was the systematic genocide of an entire species.
In the Galactic Empire, in order to ensure interests in galactic security, the use of speciecide (or as they put it, orchestrating strategic extinctions) was condoned under extreme cases, and was even noted in the official field manual for the Imperial Military, the Imperial Handbook: A Commander's Guide. Crix Madine, a former Imperial soldier, added a footnote to the handbook regarding this section when it was leaked to the Rebel Alliance High Command confirming from personal experience that this claim was not an exaggeration.
Behind the scenesEdit
Use of speciecide on the Yuuzhan Vong species was discussed by the planning team of Star Wars: The New Jedi Order book series, including James Luceno. The idea was to wipe out the Vong on the Battle of Yuuzhan'tar. However, they ended up feeling that a merciful option would be more interesting and had the invaders sent into exile.
- Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader (Mentioned only)
- Boba Fett: Agent of Doom
- Dark Nest I: The Joiner King (First mentioned)
- Dark Nest III: The Swarm War (Mentioned only)
- Fate of the Jedi: Ascension (as genocide) (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Imperial Handbook: A Commander's Guide (as "strategic extinctions")
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Star Wars: Imperial Handbook: A Commander's Guide
- ↑ Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader
- ↑ The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- ↑ 42 min - 43 min mark: James Luceno interview, Part 2., link available at Space Station Liberty. TalkShoe. Archived from the original on November 12, 2016. Retrieved on December 26, 2016.