- "They make for a perfect party dish… but they should probably come with a warnin'. After all, a single bite of one of these make my mouth feel like it's gone straight to Mustafar!"
- ―Strono Tuggs, The Life Day Cookbook
Spiced Bogwings was a hot, golden brown party dish made from the wings of the bogwing, a reptavian from the planet Naboo that produced meat that could be found at a reasonable price in most markets in the Outer Rim Territories. The Artiodac chef Strono Tuggs liked to prepare Spiced Bogwings by coating them in spices purchased from his friend Kat Saka and then baking the wings in big batches.
At some point after Tuggs published his first cookbook in 34 ABY, the chef included a recipe for Spiced Bogwings in his second cookbook, The Life Day Cookbook, stating that the dish was a good way to turn up the heat during the colder Life Day festival season. He also compared the spiciness of the wings to the heat of the volcanic planet Mustafar, claiming they should come with a warning.
Behind the scenes
Spiced Bogwings were created as a recipe for the 2021 Star Wars: The Life Day Cookbook, a recipe book written by Jenn Fujikawa and Marc Sumerak. The out-of-universe recipe for the wings uses chicken wings, baking powder, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and black pepper. The recipe for the sauce includes soy sauce, packed light brown sugar, gochujang, rice vinegar, gochugaru, sesame oil, and garlic.
- Star Wars: The Life Day Cookbook (First mentioned)
Notes and references
- Star Wars: The Life Day Cookbook
- Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition
- Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge: The Official Black Spire Outpost Cookbook establishes that the in-universe book was published at the same time as when the First Order was searching for the Resistance base on Batuu. As that search occurs in Galaxy's Edge: Black Spire, which is set in 34 ABY according to the reasoning here, the cookbook must have been published in 34 ABY.