The Spider probe droid was a model of probe droid used by the First Order around the time of the attack on Tuanul. One of these probes was on a moon in the Dassal system of the Unknown Regions when Resistance pilots Kazuda Xiono and Poe Dameron investigated the system. The droid could deploy a number of smaller remotes equipped with blasters if it came under attack.
Behind the scenesEdit
- "J.J. wanted this specific machine to drill into the catacombs when the Empire attacks Maz's castle. I wanted to put elements of the probe droid because that's such an exotic, threatening shape."
- ―Doug Chiang, on the First Order drill concept art
The First Order probe droid first appeared in the 2019 Star Wars Resistance episode "The Core Problem." Concept art of the droid was created by JP Balmet, and it was based on a piece of concept art for Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens illustrated by Doug Chiang.
- Star Wars Resistance – "The Core Problem" (First appearance)
- Star Wars Resistance – "No Place Safe"
- Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge—Rise of the Resistance
- (First identified as Spider probe droid)
- Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition