- "I did some research. There are spine-wolves in that forest, Sifo. If I hadn't had been found…"
- ―Dooku, to Sifo-Dyas when referring to his abandonment by his father
Spine-wolves were a type of wolf that lived in a forest on the planet Serenno. As an infant, the Serennian Dooku was abandoned in that forest by his father, Gora. Gora contacted the Jedi High Council asking them if they could take his son away, and a Jedi seeker brought Dooku to the Jedi Temple. Around 90 BBY, Dooku, who had become a Jedi Initiate, told fellow Initiate Sifo-Dyas of his findings that dangerous spine-wolves lived in that forest. Dooku also speculated that, if Gora had not abandoned him, he could have become much more than a Jedi.
Behind the scenes
Spine-wolves were mentioned in a flashback sequence in the audio drama Dooku: Jedi Lost, written by Cavan Scott and published on April 30, 2019. The spelling of spine-wolves was confirmed by the audio drama's script release on October 1 of the same year.
- Dooku: Jedi Lost (First mentioned) (In flashback(s))
- Dooku: Jedi Lost script (Mentioned only) (In flashback(s))
Notes and references
- Dooku: Jedi Lost
- According to Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know, Updated and Expanded, Dooku was eighty years old at the time of the First Battle of Geonosis. Star Wars: Galactic Atlas places the battle in 22 BBY, thereby placing Dooku's birth year in 102 BBY. The script of Dooku: Jedi Lost states that Dooku was twelve years old at the time of a celebration on Serenno, shortly after which Dooku mentions spine-wolves, placing the event around 90 BBY.
- Dooku: Jedi Lost script