The Spires of Victory was a monument located in the Sith Empire's capital of Kaas City on the planet Dromund Kaas. The Spires were commissioned by Darth Gorgos, a member of the Empire's ruling Dark Council, after the battle known as the Sacking of Coruscant that ended the Great Galactic War with the Galactic Republic in 3653 BBY. Designed by the Empire's best engineers and constructed by three hundred slaves, the Spires were symbolic—the cascading prisms represented the ascendancy of the Sith and the downfall of their enemies, and the centerpiece signified the Sith Emperor. While Gorgos was murdered by her apprentice before the Spires's completion, her apprentice oversaw the monument's completion before 3643 BBY.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
The Spires of Victory first appeared in Star Wars: The Old Republic, a video game released by BioWare in 2011, and its history is expanded on in a Codex entry. The Spires appear in a vision of a ruined Kaas City to Imperial players in the 2015 Digital Expansion Knights of the Fallen Empire.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Knights of the Fallen Empire (Vision)
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Old Republic—Codex Entry: "The Spires of Victory"
- Star Wars: The Old Republic about ten to twelve years after the signing of the Treaty of Coruscant, which is dated to 3653 BBY by Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia. The Old Republic—The Lost Suns 2 takes place ten years after the treaty, one week after the mission to Nar Shaddaa, and around the time of the SpecForce Incident. Since the mission and the incident are respectively part of Act I of the Jedi Knight and Republic Trooper's storylines, and the Trooper's Act I occurs concurrent to Act I of the Smuggler storyline, the general events of Act I for all classes can be assumed to occur in 3643 BBY. The Prologue for each class immediately precedes Act I, and Act III for all classes begins with the start of the Galactic War, which Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia places around 3640 BBY. Assuming that in-universe chronology of the Star Wars: The Old Republic events roughly aligns with the release of story content in real-life as with , the Act III Epilogue must take place near the end of 3640 BBY since it was the chronologically latest story of the The Old Republic base game, which was released toward the end of 2011. Therefore, assuming that The Old Republic takes place over the course of three years per the former of the two aforementioned swtor.com posts, Act I takes place near the end of 3643 BBY. places
- Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Knights of the Fallen Empire—Chapter II: A Dream of Empire