The Spires of Victory was a monument located in the Sith Empire's capital of Kaas City on the planet Dromund Kaas. The Spires were commissioned by Darth Gorgos, a member of the Empire's ruling Dark Council, after the battle known as the Sacking of Coruscant that ended the Great Galactic War with the Galactic Republic in 3653 BBY. Designed by the Empire's best engineers and constructed by three hundred slaves, the Spires were symbolic—the cascading prisms represented the ascendancy of the Sith and the downfall of their enemies, and the centerpiece signified the Sith Emperor. While Gorgos was murdered by her apprentice before the Spires's completion, her apprentice oversaw the monument's completion before 3643 BBY.
Behind the scenesEdit
The Spires of Victory first appeared in Star Wars: The Old Republic, a video game released by BioWare in 2011, and its history is expanded on in a Codex entry. The Spires appear in a vision of a ruined Kaas City to Imperial players in the 2015 Digital Expansion Knights of the Fallen Empire.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Knights of the Fallen Empire (Vision)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 Star Wars: The Old Republic—Codex Entry: "The Spires of Victory"
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Using comments and information from The Old Republic—The Lost Suns 2, The Old Republic: Annihilation, and "The Last Battle of Colonel Jace Malcom"—Star Wars Insider 137, it is possible to place the events of the Prologue and Act I for the Jedi Knight, Smuggler, and Trooper classes in Star Wars: The Old Republic in 3643 BBY, the general events of Act II in 3642 BBY, and the events of Act III for all classes in 3641 BBY.
- ↑ Star Wars: The Old Republic
- ↑ Star Wars: The Old Republic: Knights of the Fallen Empire—Chapter II: A Dream of Empire