- "Spring used to arrive so gently on Lothal—I could tell which week it was by the shade of green in the grasslands and the scent of arrack wine and the jogan on the west wind."
The arrival of spring on Lothal was traditionally heralded by warmer weather and scents such as Jogan blossoms wafting on the breeze. However, the Galactic Empire's mining efforts and poisoning of the atmosphere resulted in terrible dust storms and colder weather at a time when spring should have been in full force. Holshef, an elderly poet, recalled a time when one could tell the arrival of spring by the shade of green in the grasslands and the scent of arrack vine and jogan on the west wind.
- Catalyst: A Rogue One Novel
- Servants of the Empire: Edge of the Galaxy
- Servants of the Empire: Rebel in the Ranks (Mentioned only)
- Servants of the Empire: Imperial Justice
- Servants of the Empire: The Secret Academy
- Aftermath: Life Debt