A staff was a stick or rod that could be used to assist a being in walking or as melee weapon which could be use for offense or self-defense. A staff could also be a symbol of office or serve as a religious icon.
During the days of the Galactic Republic, the Senate Vice Chair to the Supreme Chancellor carried the Speaker's staff as a symbol of their office. Mas Amedda held the position durind the final days of the Republic.
During the Clone Wars, various forms of electrostaff were used by both the IG-100 MagnaGuards of the Confederacy of Independent Systems and clone shock troopers of the Coruscant Guard. Shortly after the Battle of Geonosis, a clone trooper named Cut Lawquane deserted the Grand Army of the Republic and settled as a farmer on Saleucami. He made use a staff with rounded loop with three spikes at one end which he could use both as a farm tool and weapon with equal skill.
- The Art of Star Wars: Uprising
- Star Wars: ABC-3PO
- Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide
- Star Wars: Forces of Destiny: Meet the Heroes (Picture only)
- Forces of Destiny: Tales of Hope & Courage
- Solo: A Star Wars Story The Official Guide
- (Picture only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Bloodline
- ↑ Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
- ↑ "True Love"—Tales from a Galaxy Far, Far Away: Aliens: Volume I
- ↑ Aftermath: Empire's End
- ↑ Phasma
- ↑ Solo: A Star Wars Story The Official Guide
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens
- ↑ Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- ↑ Ultimate Star Wars
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Deception"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Deserter"