The term standard month, also known more simply as month, referred to a period of time that lasted, in the Galactic Standard Calendar, approximately 30 days, though it differed between the twelve months of a standard year. The Invasion of Naboo lasted for one month. The lifespans of people, especially infants, would occasionally be measured in months instead of years. In some forms of the calendar, a month was measured by 35 days (7 weeks of 5 days).
Notes and references
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
- HoloNet News and its articles, combined with the dates provided in the The Essential Atlas, redefine the calendar system to have twelve months in a year, and all but the sixth, eight, and twelfth months are confirmed to have either 30 or 31 days.
- The New Essential Chronology
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. I ("Billaba, Depa")
- Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game, Second Edition, Revised and Expanded, p. 199