Early life and deathEdit
An ambitious young freighter pilot, Stanton worked his way up through the ranks of the family shipping company, RenTrans, unwilling to simply inherit a cushy job. He wanted to prove himself as a capable starship pilot on his own terms.
He was piloting the bulk freighter Doriella's Mystress on Coruscant when the ship's control systems failed, causing it to lose control and crash into Emperor Palpatine's private museum. Stanton was killed in the resulting explosion.
The freighter had been sabotaged by Prince Xizor, who had made an offer to the Rendars to make RenTrans a part of his company, Xizor Transport Systems. When they refused, he arranged the accident, hoping to either scare the Rendars into selling, or disgrace them in the eyes of the Emperor. Palpatine was enraged by the destruction of his museum and seized RenTrans' assets, banished the Rendars from the Core Worlds and threw their younger son Dash out of the Imperial Academy of Carida.
Human replica droidEdit
Years later, after Dash Rendar had become a smuggler and mercenary, he met Guri, a highly advanced Human replica droid (HRD) who had once worked for Xizor. When he learned of Guri's origins, he partnered with her to create Onadax Droid Technologies (ODT), a company that eventually developed a process to place the essence of a living being into an HRD. He used this technology to recreate his brother Stanton.
- Shadow Games (Mentioned only)
- Shadows of the Empire novel (First mentioned) (Indirect mention only)
- Shadows of the Empire junior novelization (Indirect mention only)
- "Or Die Trying"—Star Wars Insider 75 (Human replica droid)
- The Secrets of Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire (Indirect mention only)
- Shadows of the Empire Sourcebook (First identified as Stanton Rendar)
- (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire Limited Collector's Edition (Indirect mention only)
- The New Essential Guide to Droids
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Essential Guide to Warfare (Indirect mention only)