A Star Courier was a type of starship manufactured by Republic Sienar Systems for wealthy diplomats and business executives who traveled in dangerous areas. The Star Courier had a central spherical cabin for crew and passengers, and an experimental high-temperature ion engine system that required large radiator panels, which folded inward during landings. The courier's defenses included laser cannons and exotic sensor systems.
Declassified records from Imperial Facility 729-D revealed the existence of the Scimitar was a heavily-modified Star Courier with numerous added capabilities, including six laser cannons, spy and surveillance gear, interrogator droids, and a cloaking device. The Sith Lord Darth Maul owned the Scimitar, and also carried his FC-20 speeder bike Bloodfin aboard.
- Darth Maul 1
- Age of Republic - Darth Maul 1
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace (First appearance)
- Star Wars Battlefront II
- "Probe Droid Problem"—Darth Maul (2017) 1
- Darth Maul—Son of Dathomir 4
- Lando 2 (Indirect mention only)
- Lando 3
- Lando 4
- Lando 5
- Ultimate Star Wars (First identified as Star Courier)
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles
- Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition