Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know is a Dorling Kindersley reference title and part of the Journey to Star Wars: The Force Awakens initiative. The 200-page title was published on September 4, 2015 and provides facts about the Star Wars universe such as the oldest Jedi and a list of all owners of the Millennium Falcon.
While the title was written in part by one of the same writers as Ultimate Star Wars, Adam Bray, the two projects are described as being "very different." Readers will find "very little common information between the two" as "Absolutely Everything highlights anecdotal, quirky and obscure facts." On October 3, 2017, the title was followed by Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know, Updated and Expanded.
Star Wars®: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know explores the world of Star Wars through lively lists, interesting facts, and questions and answers via a highly engaging infographic design. Whether it's a chart of who is the oldest Jedi, a list of all the owners of the Millennium Falcon, or a diagram showing all the Jedi Yoda has trained, this guide will excite readers of all ages and provide facts they never knew about the Star Wars Galaxy.
In 2014 Lucasfilm reclassified what is considered canon in the Star Wars universe. Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know draws mostly upon information from the Expanded Universe that Lucasfilm now considers to be "Legends"―that is, stories beyond the original six films and the TV shows Star Wars: The Clone Wars and Star Wars Rebels.
- Padmé Amidala is established to have stepped down from ruling Naboo in 24 BBY. However, the novel Queen's Shadow later stated that she stepped down in 28 BBY.
- Adi Gallia's homeworld is said to be Coruscant, as in Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded. However, Ultimate Star Wars says Tholoth is her homeworld.
- Ahsoka Tano is said to have been "almost expelled" from the Jedi Order, whereas she actually was expelled for a short time, as seen in the Star Wars: The Clone Wars episode "The Wrong Jedi." She is also mistakenly described as "a rebel Jedi."
- Luke Skywalker is mistakenly described as being nineteen years of age when he started his training with Yoda when in actuality, he was twenty-two at the time.
- The Lucrehulk-class Battleship is said to have a capacity of 139,000 B1 battle droids, while Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles states that it can carry 329,000.
- ISBN 9781465437853; September 4, 2015; DK Publishing; US hardcover
- ISBN 9780241183700; September 4, 2015; DK Publishing, UK hardcover
- ISBN 9780241255339; 2015; Dorling Kindersley Limited; UK paperback
|Organizations and titles||Sentient species||Vehicles and vessels||Weapons and technology||Miscellanea|
- "Blaster"—Star Wars Insider 157
- "Blaster"—Star Wars Insider 158
- "Blaster"—Star Wars Insider 159
- "Red Five"—Star Wars Insider 159
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1
- ↑ 2.0 2.1
- ↑ "Blaster"—Star Wars Insider 158
- ↑ Queen's Shadow
- ↑ Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- ↑ Ultimate Star Wars
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Wrong Jedi"
- ↑ Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles
- ↑ Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know, 2015 paperback edition