- "Today, I'm excited to share with you that Jon and Dave are concurrently developing two new spinoff series exclusively for Disney+: one, The Rangers of the New Republic, and the other featuring fan-favorite Ahsoka Tano. Set within the timeline of The Mandalorian, these interconnected shows, along with future stories, will excite new audiences, embrace our most passionate fans, and will culminate in a climactic story event."
- ―President Kathleen Kennedy announces Star Wars: Ahsoka during Disney Investor Day 2020
Star Wars: Ahsoka is an upcoming live-action television limited series that was announced on December 10, 2020. It will star Rosario Dawson and will air exclusively on Disney+. It will be written by Dave Filoni and produced by him and Jon Favreau. The series will culminate in a crossover event with The Mandalorian and Star Wars: Rangers of the New Republic.
Development[edit | edit source]
Rumors of a live-action Ahsoka Tano-led series first circulated on the internet in March of 2020, just weeks after Disney CEO Bob Iger hinted at an earnings call that spinoffs of characters from The Mandalorian were in development. When Tano made her live-action debut in "Chapter 13: The Jedi" in The Mandalorian Season Two, she became a character that could be the focus of a Mandalorian spin-off, and the series was officially announced by Lucasfilm Ltd. President Kathleen Kennedy on an investors day presentation on December 10, 2020. A StarWars.com post later that day confirmed that Jon Favreau and Dave Filoni would executive produce the series, and that it would be written by Filoni and star Rosario Dawson.
Official description[edit | edit source]
After making her long awaited live-action debut in The Mandalorian, Ahsoka Tano's story, written by Dave Filoni, will continue in a limited series starring Rosario Dawson and produced by Dave Filoni and Jon Favreau.
Credits[edit | edit source]
Appearances[edit | edit source]
|Organizations and titles||Sentient species||Vehicles and vessels||Weapons and technology||Miscellanea|
Bibliography[edit | edit source]
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- The Mandalorian is set about five years after the events of Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi, which Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates to 4 ABY. Therefore, the events of The Mandalorian must have taken place around 9 ABY. As states that Ahsoka is set in the same time period as The Mandalorian, it must therefore also be set around 9 ABY. establishes that
- Conrad, Jeremy (2020-3-30). Rumor: Live Action Ahsoka Tano Series Being Planned, in Very Early Development. Archived from the original on January 27, 2021.
- Couch, Aaron (2020-1-4). Disney's Bob Iger Considering 'Mandalorian' Spinoff Shows. The Hollywood Reporter. Archived from the original on January 27, 2020.
- The Mandalorian – "Chapter 13: The Jedi"