- "The Star Wars universe is a vast galaxy of memorable experiences and epic storylines and we intend to put that level of fun and control in the hands of the fans with Star Wars: Battle Pod."
- ―Satoshi Oshita, president and CEO, Bandai Namco Games
The Star Wars Battle Pod is an arcade game produced by Bandai Namco Games. It is a large plastic bubble with an immersive wraparound screen and controls designed like that of the vehicles from the film. The game includes five levels that recreate the most iconic battles from the original trilogy. It was released to arcades in the United States in January 2015, with an international release following. The game was based on Bandai Namco's previous pod-based arcade title, Mach Storm.
In June 2016, an updated version of the game, featuring an extra level from The Force Awakens was released exclusively at Dave & Buster's locations. It is possible that this version will later become available at other places.
The six levels are:
- Death Star I/Battle of Yavin: The player, as Luke Skywalker, pilots a T-65B X-wing starfighter, recreating the destruction of the Death Star during the Battle of Yavin.
- Battle of Takodana: In this stage, added to the game in the 2016 update, the player, as Poe Dameron, pilots a T-70 X-wing starfighter and is tasked with clearing a landing zone for General Organa's transport, recreating the Battle of Takodana.
- Battle of Hoth: During this stage, the player, as an unidentified rebel, pilots one of the T-47 airspeeders of Rogue Squadron, recreating the Battle of Hoth.
- Battle of Endor (ground): In this stage, the player, as an unidentified rebel, rides a speeder bike and is tasked with deactivating the deflector shield generator on Endor so that the Rebels can destroy the second Death Star, recreating part of the Battle of Endor.
- Death Star II/Battle of Endor (space): In this stage, the player's objectives are to enter the superstructure of the second Death Star in the Millennium Falcon (playing as Lando Calrissian) and destroy the battle station's power generator.
- Vader's Revenge: This stage, which takes place immediately after the Battle of Yavin, includes an original story exclusive to the game. The player, as Darth Vader, pilots his TIE Advanced x1, trying to prevent the Rebel Alliance from salvaging the superlaser core from the wreckage of the Death Star, as well as destroying the Millennium Falcon.
|Organizations and titles||Sentient species||Vehicles and vessels||Weapons and technology||Miscellanea|
Organizations and titles
Vehicles and vessels
Weapons and technology
Notes and references
- Interview: Kazushi Imoto, Lead Producer for Bandai Namco Amusements' Star Wars Battle Pod. Arcade Heroes. Retrieved on 8 April 2018.