Star Wars: Datapad is a mobile game found within the Play Disney Parks app that will allow guests of Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge to interact with attractions and features of the theme park area. Most features will only work when the user is within the park. It was first released as part of a May 24th, 2019 update to the Disneyland section of the app, days prior to the opening of that park's Galaxy's Edge area on May 31st.
Features of Datapad include "hacking" (to interact with door panels or droids), "scanning" (to inspect cargo), "translation" (to decode all the Aurebesh signs throughout the attraction), “tuning” (to listen into secret communications), and "Outpost Control" (a game in which visitors choose First Order or Resistance).
As users play and explore they will unlock a variety of outfits, equipment, star maps, schematics, droid data, transmissions, and titles.
|Organizations and titles||Sentient species||Vehicles and vessels||Weapons and technology||Miscellanea|
Organizations and titles
Vehicles and vessels
Weapons and technology
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Trowbridge, Scott (May 20, 2019). Building Batuu: Explore Black Spire Outpost with Your Star Wars: Datapad through the Play Disney Parks App. Disney Parks Blog. disneyparks.disney.go.com.
- Star Wars: Datapad on Play Disney Parks Mobile App – Launching May 31, 2019! on Disneyland web site
- Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge Datapad App – All Unlockable Equipment Options at BlogMickey.com
- PLAY in Galaxy’s Edge When the Disney Parks App Becomes Your Own Star Wars Datapad at Disney Food Blog
- Exploring Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge with the Play Disney Parks App’s Star Wars Datapad at Laughing Place