Star Wars: Droids was an eight-issue comic book series published by Star Comics, an imprint of Marvel Comics, from 1986 to 1987. The series was based on the animated Star Wars: Droids television show, which aired in the 1985–86 season and was canceled shortly after this series began.
Unlike the TV show, which was set around 15 BBY, this series was initially stated to take place between 10 and 6 BBY[source?] and ended with a semi-adaptation of A New Hope told from R2-D2 & C-3PO's point of view. However, the second issue depicts the characters Tig Fromm and Vlix Oncard, who had been turned over to Jabba the Hutt in the last episode of the first TV story arc. That could mean either that the Fromm gang was later freed, or that issues #1-#5 occurred before the television series. The latter hypothesis is supported by a reference to the comic series character Zell in The New Essential Guide to Characters that takes place before the description of the events of the TV show. The blog series The Droids Re-Animated, however, officially confirmed that Issues 1-5 took place before the animated series, after some discussion with Jedi Council Forums.
Issues[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars Droids 1: The Destroyer
- Star Wars Droids 2: The Ultimate Weapon
- Star Wars Droids 3: The Scarlet Pirate
- Star Wars Droids 4: Lost in Time
- Star Wars Droids 5: Separated
- Star Wars Droids 6: Star Wars According to the Droids, Book I
- Star Wars Droids 7: Star Wars According to the Droids, Book II
- Star Wars Droids 8: Star Wars According to the Droids, Book III