Star Wars: First Assault was a video game in development at LucasArts. It was canceled due to the closure of LucasArts after The Walt Disney Company's purchase of Lucasfilm.
Star Wars: First Assault was a multiplayer-focused Star Wars video game. The domain name for StarWarsFirstAssault.com, which is currently empty, was registered by LucasArts' parent company, Lucasfilm Ltd. The trademark for the product relates to "interactive entertainment software." This has in turn made several gaming sites such as GameSpy.com and IGN.com speculate that the then-upcoming product was indeed another LucasArts video game. Kotaku.com revealed leaked footage from the game, and speculated that it would be a title for the Xbox 360 on the downloadable arcade that would feature gameplay similar to the Battlefront series.
Richard Lim created concept art for the game which featured conflicts between Rebel troopers and stormtroopers. Additionally, Tim Temmerman served as a Systems Designer on the project.
Notes and references
- ↑ Tay, Sean. Sean Tay - Portfolio. monsterhospital.net. Archived from the original on April 24, 2015.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Canceled Star Wars games revealed (2013-09-27). Gamespot. Archived from the original on September 29, 2013.
- ↑ Schreier, Jason. Disney Shuts Down LucasArts, Cancels Star Wars 1313 And Star Wars: First Assault (2013-04-03). Kotaku. Archived from the original on March 21, 2020.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Karmali, Luke. Star Wars: First Assault Domain and Trademarks Registered (2012-08-29). IGN. Archived from the original on November 21, 2018.
- ↑ Sharkey, Mike. Another New Star Wars Game? Star Wars: First Assault Trademarked, Registered (2012-08-29). GameSpy. Archived from the original on August 31, 2012.
- ↑ Schreier, Jason. Leaked Star Wars Game Is 'Predecessor' To Battlefront III, Source Says (2013-03-11). kotaku.com. Archived from the original on February 25, 2021.
- ↑ Star Wars Art: Concept
- ↑ Special Release: Ryder Windham and Tim Temmerman. Full of Sith Podcast. Archived from the original on March 30, 2016.