Publisher's summary[edit | edit source]
Satisfy your inner geek with this Star Wars A-Z. Explore the rich history of the Star Wars universe, with entries on the Jedi Order, Sith Order, the rise of the Galactic Empire and the struggle of the Resistance.
This comprehensive dictionary details the epic battles of Scarif [sic], Endor, Yavin and Naboo. Travel across the galaxy with entries on the jungle world of Dagobah, the desert planets of Jakku and Tatooine [sic], and the urban sprawl of Coruscant. Dive into biopics of some of the best-known characters in the Star Wars canon, as well as some of the lesser known players including Yoda, Darth Vader, Luke Skywalker, Wicket the Ewok, and Zuckuss the bounty hunter. Learn about the various types and classes of starfighters, cruisers and star destroyers. Study a range of alien species including Wookiees, Teedos and the fearsome rathtar! And brush up on your droid knowledge with articles on C-3PO, R2-D2, K-2SO, and of course BB8 [sic].
With its stunning silver foil cover, portable size and over 400 pages of illustrated entries, the Geektionary is the perfect gift for old and new Star Wars fans.
Continuity[edit | edit source]
- Page 73 says that Clone Commander Rigs attempted to kill Yoda during Order 66, however other sources state it was CC-1004 (Gree).
- Page 94 says that Palpatine forced Vader to build his castle on Mustafar as a humiliation, despite Vader himself choosing the site.
- Page 94 states that Fortress Vader was 'completed 5 years before the Battle of Yavin', however other sources state that is was constructed 46 years before the Starkiller incident, which would make it 12 BBY.
- Page 96 states that the First Death Star was armed with 5,000 batteries of turbolasers, however other sources says it had 27,000 turbolaser batteries.
- Page 97 states that Darth Vader was the sole Imperial survivor of the Battle of Yavin, however Iden Versio is also known to have survived.
- Throughout the book, the Vuutun Palaa is misidentified as the Saak'ak.
- Page 137 states that Garazeb Orrelios was the only member of the Spectres to have military experience, however Kanan Jarrus and C1-10P both served in the Republic Military during the Clone Wars.
- Page 142 states that Gial Ackbar served as Grand Admiral of the New Republic Defence Fleet, however Ackbar said that he was a Fleet Admiral, and the rank of Grand Admiral did not exist in the New Republic's military hierarchy.
- Page 144 states that Jon Vander launched a torpedo at the Death Star during the Battle of Yavin but it failed to go in the exhaust port, despite saying on the previous page that he never had a chance to fire a torpedo before being shot down.
- Page 230 states that upon Luke Skywalker leaving Dagobah to head to Bespin, Yoda lamented that he was their last hope with Kenobi reminding him that there was another. However, the conversation was actually the other way around.
- Page 292 states that the Finalizer was the First Order's flagship. However, the ship only served as the flagship of General Armitage Hux and Kylo Ren, not the entire First Order. 
- Page 363 states that the SPHA-T required a crew of 15 Clone troopers. However, other sources state that the walker required 30 crew members.
- Page 374 states that Lieutenant Taidu Sefla was the highest ranking member of Rogue One. However, Captain Cassian Andor was a higher rank. 
- Page 375 states that Imperial forces destroyed the Tantive IV following its capture. However, the ship survived until 35 ABY.
Media[edit | edit source]
Editions[edit | edit source]
- ISBN 9782011461261; November 15, 2017; Hachette Livre
- ISBN 9781405284790; October 4, 2018; Egmont UK Ltd; UK hardcover
- ISBN 9784800294470; December 27, 2019; Takarajimasha; Japanese hardcover
Cover gallery[edit | edit source]
Appearances[edit | edit source]
|Organizations and titles||Sentient species||Vehicles and vessels||Weapons and technology||Miscellanea|
Organizations and titles
Vehicles and vessels
Weapons and technology
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith 20
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary
- Starships and Speeders
- Battlefront II: Inferno Squad
- Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles
- Kanan 1
- Star Wars Rebels – "Homecoming"
- Aftermath: Life Debt
- Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back
- Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
- Star Wars: Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker