- "Cere Junda and Eno Cordova are a pair of Jedi that fans are definitely going to want to know more about, and this comic will tell you part of their story you won’t get anywhere else."
- ―Matthew Rosenberg
Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order - Dark Temple is an canon comic book miniseries published by Marvel Comics. The series, written by Matthew Rosenberg with art by Paolo Villanelli, is a prequel to the Respawn Entertainment video game Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order.
Development[edit | edit source]
- "Respawn and Lucasfilm are not only creating one of the most exciting video games in a long, long time, but they’re also telling a truly epic Star Wars story. So having the chance to introduce audiences to some of the game’s cast, and explore a bit of who they are and how they got where they are is really fun."
- ―Matthew Rosenberg
Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order—Dark Temple was announced on StarWars.com on June 11, 2019, as a prequel comic telling the backstory of characters from the Respawn Entertainment video game Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order. Author Matthew Rosenberg described it as being part of a "truly epic Star Wars story" that was being told in Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order and expressed his excitement at being able to introduce audiences to characters from the game and explore how they became the characters that gamers will meet in Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order. Artist Paolo Villanelli said that the comic will also explore new planets and villains, as well as lightsaber duels.
Media[edit | edit source]
|Color code key:|
|Collected (TPB) issue||Released issue||Future issue||Story arc|
|Issue||Title||Publication date||Trade paperback|
|1||"A Planet Divided"||September 4, 2019|
Jedi Fallen Order -
September 15, 2020
|2||"Trapped on Ontotho"||September 25, 2019|
|3||"A Fragile Peace"||October 9, 2019|
|4||"A Truce, a Trap and a Traitor"||November 13, 2019|
|5||"The Collapse of All Things"||December 4, 2019|
Bibliography[edit | edit source]
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- MARVEL COMICS September 2019 Solicitations. Newsarama (2019-06-20). Archived from the original on July 14, 2019. Retrieved on June 20, 2019.
- Marvel Comics December 2019 Solicitations. Comics Pit (2019-09-19). Archived from the original on August 11, 2020. Retrieved on September 19, 2019.
- The prologues of Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order - Dark Temple take place before and concurrently with Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order. The events of Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order take place about five years after the end of the Clone Wars, which Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates to 19 BBY. Therefore, it can be deduced that the events of Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order and Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order - Dark Temple take place around 14 BBY.
- Jedi Master Poli Dapatian, who is present on the Jedi High Council in Jedi Fallen Order - Dark Temple 1, retires from his position in Master & Apprentice, meaning that the comic must take place before the novel. Skywalker: A Family at War places the events of Master & Apprentice eight years before the Invasion of Naboo, which Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates to 32 BBY. Therefore, Master & Apprentice takes place in 40 BBY. Therefore Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order - Dark Temple takes place some time prior.
- MARVEL COMICS October 2019 Solicitations. Newsarama (2019-07-24). Archived from the original on July 25, 2019. Retrieved on July 24, 2019.
- MARVEL COMICS November 2019 Solicitations. Newsarama (2019-08-22). Archived from the original on December 18, 2019. Retrieved on August 22, 2019.