Star Wars: Obi-Wan and Anakin, stylized as Obi-Wan & Anakin, is a canon comic book miniseries written by Charles Soule and illustrated by Marco Checchetto. The five-issue series is set three years after Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace and focuses on Jedi Knight Obi-Wan Kenobi and his Padawan, Anakin Skywalker as they explore the planet of Carnelion IV to answer a mysterious distress call. The series also features flashbacks, scattered across every issue, that detail the beginning of Anakin's trust towards Supreme Chancellor Sheev Palpatine.
Publisher's summary[edit | edit source]
Before their military heroism in the Clone Wars, before their tragic battle on Mustafar, and many decades before their final confrontation on the Death Star… they were Master Obi-Wan Kenobi and his Padawan learner, Anakin Skywalker. It's been a few years since Obi-Wan pledged to train the young "chosen one," but even as they have grown closer through training, it has been a difficult road. Now, called to a remote planet for assistance, Master and Padawan may be pushed to the breaking point. Writer Charles Soule (Lando, She-Hulk, Daredevil) and artist Marco Checchetto (Star Wars: Shattered Empire, Avengers World, Punisher) bring us a tale of the Jedi at the height of their power…
Media[edit | edit source]
|Color code key:|
|Collected (TPB) issue||Released issue||Future issue|
|Issue||Title||Publication date||Trade paperback|
|1||Part I||January 6, 2016|
Obi-Wan and Anakin
July 19, 2016
|2||Part II||February 3, 2016|
|3||Part III||March 23, 2016|
|4||Part IV||April 20, 2016|
|5||Part V||May 25, 2016|
Bibliography[edit | edit source]
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Truitt, Brian (October 10, 2015). Exclusive: Jedi get spotlight in 'Star Wars: Obi-Wan & Anakin'. USA Today. Archived from the original on August 19, 2020. Retrieved on October 10, 2015.
- MARVEL COMICS January 2016 Solicitations. Newsarama.com (2015-09-20). Archived from the original on October 21, 2015. Retrieved on October 22, 2015.
- Obi-Wan and Anakin 2 states that Anakin Skywalker is twelve years old during the events of Star Wars: Obi-Wan and Anakin. Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide states that Skywalker was born forty-one years before the Rogue One mission to steal the Death Star plans, which Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates to 0 BBY. Therefore, Skywalker was born in 41 BBY, and Star Wars: Obi-Wan and Anakin takes place in 29 BBY.
- Couto, Anthony (October 10, 2015). NYCC: Marvel Pairs "Obi-Wan and Anakin" for Star Wars Series with Soule & Checchetto. Comic Book Resources. Archived from the original on May 9, 2020. Retrieved on October 10, 2015.
- MARVEL COMICS February 2016 Solicitations. Newsarama.com (2015-11-17). Archived from the original on May 13, 2020. Retrieved on November 17, 2015.
- MARVEL COMICS April 2016 Solicitations. Newsarama (2015-01-19). Archived from the original on January 21, 2016. Retrieved on January 19, 2015.
[edit | edit source]
- Exclusive: Jedi get spotlight in 'Star Wars: Obi-Wan & Anakin' (backup link)
- NYCC: Marvel Pairs "Obi-Wan and Anakin" for Star Wars Series with Soule & Checchetto (backup link)