- "Immersed in an epic battle between the dreaded First Order and the courage of the Resistance, what will you do?"
- ―Disneyland website
Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance is an upcoming attraction found at the Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge themed area of Disneyland, Disney's Hollywood Studios and Walt Disney Studios Park. It will open on December 5, 2019 at Walt Disney World and on January 17, 2020 at Disneyland.
- "Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance is a massive, multi-platform, new attraction that is unlike anything you’ve ever experienced at Walt Disney World Resort… or anywhere else in the galaxy!"
- ―Walt Disney World website
The attraction will be located in the area of Galaxy's Edge known as the ancient ruins on the outskirts of Black Spire Outpost, which includes a Resistance encampment. Its entrance is marked by a turret that leads guests — acting as new recruits — to a path heading into ancient caves that house a Resistance control center where they are given a mission by BB-8 and a hologram of Rey. Guests will then walk past ships including Poe Dameron's X-wing fighter and board a transport ship for the first portion of the ride.
The ship will be captured by a First Order Star Destroyer and at one point guests will appear to be inside a Star Destroyer hangar bay. The ride will partly involve a rescue that doesn't go as planned, with a hijacked First Order Fleet Transport (an eight-seat ride vehicle) being part of the rescue. It will involve a battle between the First Order and the Resistance, and guests will encounter stormtroopers, AT-ATs, and Kylo Ren.
Before the official name of the ride was revealed at Destination D 2018, it had internally been given the working name "Alcatraz." It was set to open with the rest of Galaxy's Edge in both parks in 2019, and shortly thereafter in Paris. However, it was announced on March 7 that its release had been deferred to a later date as part of the park's "Phase 2" release. On July 11, 2019, it was announced on the Disney Parks Blog that Rise of the Resistance would be opening at Walt Disney World on December 5, 2019 and at Disneyland on January 17, 2020.
|Organizations and titles||Sentient species||Vehicles and vessels||Weapons and technology||Miscellanea|
Organizations and titles
Vehicles and vessels
Weapons and technology
- Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance page at official Disneyland website
- Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance page at official Walt Disney World website
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2
- ↑ 2.00 2.01 2.02 2.03 2.04 2.05 2.06 2.07 2.08 2.09 2.10 2.11 2.12 2.13 2.14 2.15 Star Wars actors bring their characters to life in Disney theme parks' Rise of the Resistance ride
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Tom Corless (2017-01-04). PHOTOS: Star Wars – Galaxy's Edge Trading Cards Provide New Details of What Guests Will Find on Batuu in 2019. WDW News Today.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Breznican, Anthony (2019-02-27). How Disney theme parks made Galaxy's Edge part of the Star Wars storyline. Entertainment Weekly. ew.com. Retrieved on February 28, 2019.
- ↑ Smith, Thomas (March 7, 2019). Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge to Open May 31 at Disneyland Resort, August 29 at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Disney Parks Blog. Retrieved on July 1, 2019.
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 8.3 8.4 8.5 8.6 8.7 8.8
- ↑ 9.00 9.01 9.02 9.03 9.04 9.05 9.06 9.07 9.08 9.09 9.10 9.11 9.12 9.13 9.14 9.15 9.16 9.17 9.18 9.19 9.20 9.21 9.22 9.23 9.24 9.25 9.26 9.27 9.28 9.29 9.30 9.31 9.32 9.33
- ↑ Amy Ratcliffe (2019-02-27). Details on STAR WARS: Galaxy's Edge’s Insane Rides New Details on STAR WARS: Galaxy's Edge’s Insane Rides. Nerdist. Archived from the original on February 27, 2019. Retrieved on February 27, 2019.