Star Wars: The Card Game is a cooperative Living Card Game released by Fantasy Flight Games on December 20, 2012. The game allows for one to four players—with the Star Wars: The Card Game Core Set allowing for two possible decks to be made. Players are in command of a Rebel strike force/mission team, and compete against an Imperial deck that functions "with a devious artificial intelligence." Players launch fleets of starships and manipulate notable characters from the Star Wars universe against the Empire. By working together, players can fend off Imperial assaults and complete missions to win the game. The game includes many characters, starships, missions, and enemies from the Star Wars universe.
Due to the reaction of demonstrations of the game at Gen Con 2011, the Star Wars: The Card Game LCG was removed from its scheduled distribution to undergo a major redesign. It was released on December 20, 2012. As of Promise of Power's release in early 2018, it has finished giving out expansions.
It is a desperate time for the Rebel Alliance and its allies in this head-to-head card game. One player controls the forces of the dark side as he seeks to tighten his hold upon the galaxy. The strength of the dark side's position is represented by the game's Death Star dial, and if the dial reaches "12," the dark side wins. In order to advance his cause, the dark side player can command the vast military might of the Imperial Navy's fleet of Star Destroyers and TIE fighters, the devious cunning of the Sith, and the mercenary talents of the Scum and Villainy of the galaxy.
Fighting against the dark side's tyrannical rule, the other player assumes the cause of the light side forces. To claim victory, he must defeat three dark side objectives. It's no easy task, but he'll be able to make use of every resource and tactic available to the Rebel Alliance, the Jedi, and their allies among a small host of Smugglers and Spies.
- Edge of Darkness (SWC08)
- Balance of the Force (SWC09)
- Between the Shadows (SWC22)
- Imperial Entanglements (SWC23)
- Galactic Ambitions (SWC30)
The Hoth CycleEdit
- The Desolation of Hoth (SWC02)
- The Search for Skywalker (SWC03)
- A Dark Time (SWC04)
- Assault on Echo Base (SWC05)
- The Battle of Hoth (SWC06)
- Escape from Hoth (SWC07)
Echoes of the Force cycleEdit
- Heroes and Legends (SWC10)
- Lure of the Dark Side (SWC11)
- Knowledge and Defense (SWC12)
- Join Us or Die (SWC13)
- It Binds All Things (SWC14)
- Darkness and Light (SWC15)
Rogue Squadron cycleEdit
- Ready for Takeoff (SWC16)
- Draw Their Fire (SWC17)
- Evasive Maneuvers (SWC18)
- Attack Run (SWC19)
- Chain of Command (SWC20)
- Jump to Lightspeed (SWC21)
- Solo's Command (SWC24)
- New Alliances (SWC25)
- The Forest Moon (SWC26)
- So Be It (SWC27)
- Press the Attack (SWC28)
- Redemption and Return (SWC29)
- Ancient Rivals (SWC31)
- A Wretched Hive (SWC32)
- Meditation and Mastery (SWC33)
- Scrap Metal (SWC34)
- Power of the Force (SWC35)
- Technological Terror (SWC36)
- Allies of Necessity (SWC37)
- Aggressive Negotiations (SWC38)
- Desperate Circumstances (SWC39)
- Swayed by the Dark Side (SWC40)
- Trust in the Force (SWC41)
- Promise of Power (SWC42)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "A Long Time Ago in a Galaxy Far, Far Away…—Announcing Star Wars: The Card Game, a cooperative LCG"
- ↑ "Use The Force—Announcing upcoming titles set in the Star Wars (TM) universe"
- ↑ "An Update on Star Wars: The Card Game—Important information regarding the upcoming Living Card Game"
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 "You May Fire When Ready—STAR WARS (TM): The Card Game Is Now Available"