Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary, New Edition is a canon reference book written by Pablo Hidalgo and David Reynolds. The book was published by DK Publishing on September 18, 2018. It is a compilation of various Visual Dictionary series: Star Wars: The Visual Dictionary (1998), Star Wars: Episode I The Visual Dictionary (1999), Star Wars: Attack of the Clones: The Visual Dictionary (2002), Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith: The Visual Dictionary (2005), Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary (2006), Star Wars: The Phantom Menace: The Expanded Visual Dictionary (2012), Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary (2015), Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide (2016), Star Wars: The Last Jedi: The Visual Dictionary (2017) and Solo: A Star Wars Story The Official Guide (2018) all combined into one book.
Packed with more than 1,500 stunning images, it showcases major and minor characters (such as Princess Leia and Luke Skywalker), creatures, vehicles, weapons, props, and items of tech in unparalleled detail. Beautiful photography and engaging text written by Star Wars experts examines the finer points of Padmé Amidala's costumes, displays Boba Fett's array of weaponry, studies Darth Vader armor, and reveals the lesser-known background stories to many of the characters. Find out who Poe Dameron's idol is, discover the tech behind BB-8's rolling motion, and much, much more! Fully updated to include the latest installments of the Skywalker saga--Star Wars The Force Awakens and Star Wars The Last Jedi --this invaluable reference guide incorporates all the latest stories and characters. The definitive companion to the Star Wars movies, Star Wars The Complete Visual Dictionary is a must-buy for the beginner and the die-hard Star Wars fan alike.
- Airen Cracken is stated to have served as an spy and colonel who flew missions for General Crix Madine's Rebel Commandos and then promoted to general and Chief of Rebel Intelligence during the Galactic Civil War. However, the 2018 reference book Star Wars: The Rebel Files previously stated that Cracken was already a general since the early days of the Rebel Alliance.
- On Page 19, Cin Drallig's lightsaber is depicted blue instead of green, and "Rutian" is misspelt as "Ruttian".
- On Page 35, the food and energy capsules on Anakin Skywalker's utility belt are incorrectly designated as "Anno here".
- On Page 49, the Vuutun Palaa is incorrectly referred to as the Saak'ak.
- On Page 62, the name Lutin Hollis is misspelled as "Lutin Holllis".
- On Page 64, R2-D2's spacecraft linkage data slot is mistakenly identified as his data card input. On the same page, "astromech" is misspelled in the opening paragraph as "atstromech", and "oil" is misspelled as "oill" in the description of R2's lubricant arm.
- On Page 107, the description "Guardless trigger for fast action" is missing.
- On Page 114, "Lieutenant" is misspelled as "Lietenant" in the Data File.
- On Page 119, Plo Koon is mistakenly stated to be flying an Aggressive ReConnaissance-170 starfighter at the time of his death when really, he was flying his customized Delta-7 Aethersprite-class light interceptor, and the clone trooper image listed as Commander Bly is actually of Lieutenant Galle.
- On Page 127, the name Po Nudo is misspelled as "Po Nudu".
- On Page 211, Boba Fett's EE-3 carbine rifle is incorrectly designated as a blaster "rifle".
|Organizations and titles||Sentient species||Vehicles and vessels||Weapons and technology||Miscellanea|
Notes and referencesEdit