Star Wars: The Hand of Thrawn Duology is a Legends novel series from author Timothy Zahn. It is comprised of the novels Specter of the Past and Vision of the Future, which were published by Bantam Spectra in 1997 and 1998, respectively.
Set in 19 ABY, the two books explore the end of the Galactic Civil War. While some forces in the Imperial Remnant, led by Admiral Gilad Pellaeon, attempt to make peace with the New Republic, another group, led by Moff Vilim Disra and an apparently resurrected Grand Admiral Thrawn, attempts to destabilize the New Republic. They do this by bringing to light the Caamas Document, containing evidence that the Bothans were guilty of helping Emperor Palpatine all but exterminate the Caamasi people. Meanwhile, Mara Jade and Luke Skywalker investigate a mysterious fortress at the edge of the galaxy.
- Specter of the Past (November 3, 1997)
- Specter of the Past unabridged audiobook (November 3, 1997)
- Vision of the Future (September 1, 1998)
- Vision of the Future unabridged audiobook (September 1, 1998)
In the article "ComicScan: Luke-ing for Love in all the Wrong Places" in Star Wars Galaxy Collector 7, Timothy Zahn stated that one of the conditions for writing these novels was that Luke Skywalker would become engaged to Mara Jade at the duology's conclusion.
- "Star Wars Publications Timeline" – Star Wars Insider 23
- Star Wars Year by Year: A Visual Chronicle
- The Essential Reader's Companion
- Star Wars Year by Year: A Visual Chronicle, Updated Edition
- Star Wars Year By Year: A Visual History, Updated and Expanded Edition
- "Timothy Zahn: Heir of an Empire" – Star Wars Insider 202
Notes and references