Star Wars: The Old Republic: Knights of the Eternal Throne is the sixth digital expansion for the BioWare MMORPG Star Wars: The Old Republic. Announced on July 15, 2016, the expansion was released on December 2, 2016, in celebration of the game's five-year anniversary. The story continues on from the previous expansion, Knights of the Fallen Empire, with the Outlander leading the Alliance against the forces of Empress Vaylin. Accompanied by three subscriber rewards, the expansion features two new gameplay features, Galactic Command and Uprisings, allowing the player to participate in new battles and expand their influence across the galaxy.
Six to eight months after the Battle of Odessen, the Commander, a veteran of the Galactic War, leads the Alliance in a battle against Empress Vaylin as she begins her conquest of the galaxy. Facing some of the biggest threats they have ever encountered, the Outlander and their Alliance discover new worlds and undertake dangerous undercover missions in their fight to take control of the Eternal Throne.
Star Wars: The Old Republic: Knights of the Eternal Throne is the sixth digital expansion for Star Wars: The Old Republic. The expansion raises the level cap from 65 to 70 and introduces two new gameplay functionalities: Galactic Command and Uprisings. In Galactic Command, Level 70 players can grow their influence as they engage in battles with light and dark side enemies, or team up with up to three allies and battle the game's most notorious adversaries in Uprisings, unlocking rewards along the way.
Knights of the Eternal Throne was announced on July 15, 2016 during Electronic Arts' "Meet the Makers" panel at Celebration Europe. Slated for a release in fall 2016, the expansion was said to be in celebration of The Old Republic's five-year anniversary.
On September 30 and October 6, 2016, two teaser trailers, titled "Chamber" and "Shadow" respectively, were released, announcing a released date of October 7, 2016 for the expansion's upcoming cinematic. The release of the cinematic trailer, titled Betrayed, came with it the release of new information on The Old Republic's official website regarding the upcoming expansion, including story details, information on the expansion's new gameplay functions, and a release date of December 2, 2016.
As with previous expansions, Knights of the Eternal Throne was accompanied by a number of subscriber rewards. Becoming a premium player by October 25, 2016, allowed players to use a game token to recruit bounty hunter Shae Vizla as a companion, and becoming a premium player by November 27, 2016 allowed players to use the Rapid Recon Walker. Those who were premium players for the duration between these dates were entitled to three-days early access to the expansion.
- Knights of the Eternal Throne — Release 5.0 on December 2, 2016
- Update "Defend the Throne" — Release 5.1 on January 23, 2017
- Update "The War for Iokath" — Release 5.2 on April 17, 2017
- Update "Sisters of Carnage" — Release 5.3 on July 10, 2017
- Update "The Crisis on Umbara" — Release 5.4 on August 24, 2017
- Update "United Forces Foundation" — Release 5.5 on October 10, 2017
- Update "A Traitor Among the Chiss" — Release 5.6 on November 27, 2017
- Update "Legacy of the Creators" — Release 5.7 on January 22, 2018
- Update "Command Authority" — Release 5.8 on March 18, 2018
- Update "Nathema Conspiracy" — Release 5.9 on May 2, 2018
- Update "Jedi Under Siege" — Release 5.10 on December 10, 2018
|Organizations and titles||Sentient species||Vehicles and vessels||Weapons and technology||Miscellanea|
Organizations and titles
Vehicles and vessels
Weapons and technology
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Developer Profiles: Star Wars: The Old Republic. HeroEngine.com. Archived from the original on January 24, 2012. Retrieved on February 14, 2013.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 3.6 3.7
- ↑ Knights of the Eternal Throne: 'Chamber' Cinematic Teaser
- ↑ Knights of the Eternal Throne: 'Shadow' Cinematic Teaser