Star Wars: The Thrawn Trilogy is a Legends adult-fiction novel series from author Timothy Zahn. It consists of Heir to the Empire (1991), Dark Force Rising (1992), and The Last Command (1993), which were published by Bantam Spectra.
Novels[edit | edit source]
- Heir to the Empire (May 1991)
- Dark Force Rising (May 1, 1992)
- The Last Command (April 1, 1993)
Continuity[edit | edit source]
The trilogy follows the campaign of Imperial Grand Admiral Thrawn, from the Destruction of the Elomin task force to the Battle of Bilbringi. It also recounts the efforts of the Dark Jedi Joruus C'baoth and his efforts to claim Luke Skywalker, Leia Organa Solo, and her children as his apprentices.
The series introduced many notable Expanded Universe characters such as Garm Bel Iblis, Talon Karrde, Grand Admiral Thrawn, Gilad Pellaeon, and Mara Jade—characters who would subsequently appear in a variety of Expanded Universe works. Grand Admiral Thrawn became a popular villain in the Expanded Universe, with appearances in several later works. In addition, the Imperial capital world, Coruscant, was given its name by the trilogy and would later feature in the prequel films.
Bibliography[edit | edit source]
- A Guide to the Star Wars Universe, Second Edition, Revised and Expanded
- "Star Wars Publications Timeline"—Star Wars Insider 23
- The Secrets of Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire
- Star Wars Year by Year: A Visual Chronicle
- Star Wars Year by Year: A Visual Chronicle, Updated Edition
- "Launch Pad"—Star Wars Insider 150
- "The Making of A New Dawn"—Star Wars Insider 152
- "Join Us!"—Star Wars Insider 160
- Star Wars Year By Year: A Visual History, Updated and Expanded Edition
- The Art of Star Wars Rebels
- Star Wars Insider 202
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]